Considering the following laptop, any recommendations?

Doodles

Chassis en display
Proteus-serie: 15,6" mat Full HD 144 Hz 72% NTSC led-breedbeeldscherm (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 met zes kernprocessoren 8750H (2,2 GHz, 4,1 GHz Turbo)

down_right_arrow.gif
Krijg Total War: Three Kingdoms & Meer met selecteer Intel CPU's!
Geheugen (RAM)
16 GB Corsair 2666 MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8 GB)
Grafische kaart
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 - 8,0 GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1e Storage Drive
NIET VEREIST
1e M.2 SSD-station
1 TB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (maximaal 1800 MB/sR | 1800 MB/sW)
Warmtegeleidende pasta
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMISCHE PASTA
Chassis
Quanta NL5E FHD IPS (8GB RTX-2070, 8750H, 144Hz, US)
Prijs: €1.477,00 inclusief btw en verzendkosten

I'm planning on using this laptop as my daily driver, as a student I travel back and forth between places a lot so having a good laptop is going to be the better option for me. Weight and thickness are not really an issue to me, I'm used to carrying a 3kg laptop around every day and I'd prefer to get the best performance out of my money.
I'll primarily use it for gaming, 3D modelling in both Blender and Solidworks, visual design in Photoshop and Illustrator, and the obvious browsing and text editing.

The value for money and a sturdy chassis make this laptop very interesting for me. The chassis reminds me of my current workstation, which has done a good job surviving my general clumsiness, and both CPU and GPU appear to be properly futureproof, and definitely the best specs available for my budget. I've decided to avoid workstation GPUs this time around because the amount of work in Solidworks that might benefit from one is not nearly enough for me to warrant the much higher pricepoint.

Regarding customisation, I'm leaving the 2.5" slot open to carry over the SSD in my current laptop, but since that one is only 256Gb I've opted to pick a larger M.2 SSD for additional storage. 16Gb of RAM should be a decent upgrade from my current 8Gb, and the 2666Mhz speed is a cheap enough upgrade that I might as well throw it in. With the track record of the i7-8750H I feel like the thermal paste upgrade can't hurt.
Last but not least, I've chosen to leave out the OS because the boyfriend might have a code lying around still, hence the lower price there.

Ultimately, while I feel like my needs would also be met by a laptop with an RTX 2060 (or possibly even a 1660Ti), I feel like the extra money is worth it for a much sturdier chassis, and the additional futureproofing is also a worthwhile investment.

Is there anything you guys would recommend changing about this setup, or am I all good here?
Thanks in advance!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The spec seems fine. I would go with the SX6000 over the Intel 660p as it seems to be faster

If the Vortex (the 15.6" one, not the 5kg monster laptop) is within your budget, consider that for gsync

Doodles

Much appreciated! Sadly, my current laptop has been quickly declining so I ended up placing the order 2 days ago, and just this morning I received a mail stating it had been carried over to DPD. I don't imagine the 660p will be too much of a downgrade, thankfully. And if I do come to the conclusion that I'd like a faster SSD, I suppose I can always swap out the 660p for a faster one once the laptop arrives, and sell the 660p.

I did consider the Vortex since it looked like an interesting offer, but it ended up being a bit outside my price range, as even the Proteus was already stretching it. In the end I suppose I'll manage without G-sync. While it does appear to be quite nice, I don't think not having it will be the end of the world for me personally.