Consistent problems with custom Cosmos II

cee01jay

I purchased a custom built laptop in early March, designed to be the best I can afford for both entertainment and work, but two weeks after I received the machine, I began encountering BIOS 0x116 crashes every time I tried to use it.
I requested an RMA and on April/3/2014, and received the laptop back on April/12/2014, after being assured that the problem had been fully resolved (I also had to reinstall windows and 5 drivers myself when I received the laptop back). 5 weeks after the laptop had been returned to me, minor performance issues started arising, such as slow start-up and shut-down times, and USB devices not being recognised, even though they had previously been installed.
image (1).jpg

I attempted to self fix these issues by making sure all drivers were up to date, but they were, so the issue remains a mystery to me.
On Sunday June/1/2014, the same BIOS 0x116 crash occurred again, and I was not best pleased.
photo.jpg

As a student, having meant to invest in a laptop for at least the duration of my uni course, my finances are incredibly delicate, and after seeing lots of positive reviews for the company, I was excited to be able to build my own laptop for a relatively cheap price, but after having the laptop in my possession for 8 weeks (not including time in production and the initial RMA) I can quite safely say I am not happy at all with the machine I have paid for.
I emailed enquiries asking about a refund, because I was not happy with the faulty product I had purchased, but was told that refunds cannot be offered for bespoke made to order laptops as it is outside of the "cooling off period." (Which I might add is NOT in the returns policy.)
After speaking to someone over the phone (I unfortunately cannot remember his name) I was told that the email i had received was incorrect, but I would need to send off my laptop (for up to 30 days) and have it checked to see if they COULD offer a refund, but at this stage where the faults in my laptop are easily fixed, the refund would be incredibly unlikely, although he said to me that he would feel the same as I did, and would be willing to fight my corner if he was in a position to do so.

The bottom line is, I have purchased a laptop (that was even slightly outside of my budget) to ensure a long term investment, and I have only encountered problems with it, and am extremely disappointed in the service provided.

If I hadn't already had an RMA that assured my laptop be fixed, I would be more inclined to have an RMA done now in order to fix the problems, but having already had my laptop "repaired" to only face the same issues, I feel like it would be counter-productive, when I no longer want the machine and the problems I have encountered with it.

If anyone in a position of authority can contact me privately about this, I would very much appreciate the help, and to talk with someone who can resolve the issue I am currently having.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
We see these posts from time to time on the forums, I guess the only good news is PCS will sort it one way or another.

They do not offer refunds as standard and offer them very rarely and only in extreme cases where multiple repairs have not resolved the issue. 1 repair and a 2nd fault is not yet at the stage where they traditionally offer refunds, my best advice is to stay calm on the phone - that will help you more than anything right now.

Send it back in for repairs, give as much detail as possible about the fault and they will get it sorted. if it comes back again faulty then you may have a case for a rebuild at the very least.