Control Center 3.0

SqueakyTweaky

Can someone help please with settings . In control center I set power mode to performance, then CPU fan starts to spin at 5300rpm speed and hovers around the 4300-5300 rpm scale and won't go down from that.

Only solution I found is that I select preferred FAN table and set a custom curve there, but after every restart of the laptop it switches back to automatic and the CPU fan spins like a jet at 75-92% until I tick the custom box settings.

Any idea what is going on?would like it to stay on custom and not manually do it after every restart.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can someone help please with settings . In control center I set power mode to performance, then CPU fan starts to spin at 5300rpm speed and hovers around the 4300-5300 rpm scale and won't go down from that.

Only solution I found is that I select preferred FAN table and set a custom curve there, but after every restart of the laptop it switches back to automatic and the CPU fan spins like a jet at 75-92% until I tick the custom box settings.

Any idea what is going on?would like it to stay on custom and not manually do it after every restart.

Fans will normally spin to keep temps under control, they're set to ramp up and down with temps.

Before you go changing them, have you checked you running temps?

SqueakyTweaky

Hi

On performance mode the temperature is, 51 on idel.
When using google chrome and look at some videos it goes up to 68 degrees.

Using entertainment mode settings the temp on idle is 39-44 and when playing heavy games it stays between 68-79 degrees.

I use also a notebook cooler pad and when using it I can get the temps down even more a few degrees.

Also I should mention that the GPU stays nice and cool on full load, only the CPU fan will spin fast when performance mode is on.

Just a question is there a alternative to the control center 3.0? Like MSI Afterburner or something similar

Defiance Series 17.3 RTX laptop with i7 8750h and rtx 2070 max Q

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi

On performance mode the temperature is, 51 on idel.
When using google chrome and look at some videos it goes up to 68 degrees.

Using entertainment mode settings the temp on idle is 39-44 and when playing heavy games it stays between 68-79 degrees.

I use also a notebook cooler pad and when using it I can get the temps down even more a few degrees.

Also I should mention that the GPU stays nice and cool on full load, only the CPU fan will spin fast when performance mode is on.

Just a question is there a alternative to the control center 3.0? Like MSI Afterburner or something similar

Defiance Series 17.3 RTX laptop with i7 8750h and rtx 2070 max Q

Control Center is a system driver particular to the chassis. I'm not aware of any substitute for it.

It may be worth checking out www.clevo.com.tw for an updated version, perhaps yours is out of date. Your clevo model number is on the underside of the laptop.

SqueakyTweaky

Control Center is a system driver particular to the chassis. I'm not aware of any substitute for it.

It may be worth checking out www.clevo.com.tw for an updated version, perhaps yours is out of date. Your clevo model number is on the underside of the laptop.

Hi thanks for the answer.

I tried going to clevo.com.tw on pc and android both systems give a warning that potential fraud and the web page wont open. What is the latest control center version that is out?

I went ahead and undervolt the cpu also and the temps have dramatically dropped.

https://ibb.co/ZMKsjnq
https://ibb.co/XSM9tzk

Core voltage - 150mv
Turbo boost short power max 80w
Turbo boost power max 75w

No power, thermal, current limit throttle anymore.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi thanks for the answer.

I tried going to clevo.com.tw on pc and android both systems give a warning that potential fraud and the web page wont open. What is the latest control center version that is out?

I went ahead and undervolt the cpu also and the temps have dramatically dropped.

https://ibb.co/ZMKsjnq
https://ibb.co/XSM9tzk

Core voltage - 150mv
Turbo boost short power max 80w
Turbo boost power max 75w

No power, thermal, current limit throttle anymore.

Did you put the www. At the beginning? If you click on my link it works fine on all my systems.

SqueakyTweaky

My model looks like it is P970EF and I have the latest control center installed.

What is the update API on clevos web page?
It is showing cc 3.0 and control center 3.0 api ver 1.4

Not sure what to do or how to update.

Last edited:

SqueakyTweaky

Bump....

Sorry I didn't want to make a new thread so I'd ask here instead.

I accidentally Uninstalled sound blaster connect and cant seemt to find it anywhere to download. If anyone could help me please. Also the Defiance RTX laptop has

Soundblaster pro gaming 360 sticker on it. And my second question is why can't I find the control center for it to adjust the sound.?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Bump....

Sorry I didn't want to make a new thread so I'd ask here instead.

I accidentally Uninstalled sound blaster connect and cant seemt to find it anywhere to download. If anyone could help me please. Also the Defiance RTX laptop has

Soundblaster pro gaming 360 sticker on it. And my second question is why can't I find the control center for it to adjust the sound.?

If you log into your main PCS page, all your downloads for those kinds of things should be in there.

SqueakyTweaky

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The driver will be Realtek or something, then you should have the soundblaster overlay in your downloads on the PCS site. If it isn’t listed you’ll have to contact PCS.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I am aware the soundblaster is now part of a driver suite that Windows now downloads automatically. I would make sure there are no windows updates waiting to be brought down.

SqueakyTweaky

As far as I am aware the soundblaster is now part of a driver suite that Windows now downloads automatically. I would make sure there are no windows updates waiting to be brought down.
Thank you moosEH , I have done all updates just a second a go. Im just wondering is there a separate control panel for the Soundblaster? Beacause atm I can only adjust setting from the creative panel and to be honest it don't have alot of options there, only to set balance between left, right and that is it.

I found a soundlaster control panel yesterday but it costs 23 dollars and im wondering if to cash out and try or just forget about it.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
but it costs 23 dollars and im wondering if to cash out and try or just forget about it.
You shouldn't need to / don't need to buy anything extra to get your PCS system working as ordered :)

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
I found a soundlaster control panel yesterday but it costs 23 dollars and im wondering if to cash out and try or just forget about it.

As Oussebon also said, I would strongly recommend against the control panel purchase. Especially as it might not even work on that laptop. I'd recommend to give the Customer Care Team a call when we are open.