Control Center issue with Iconico

rozoma

Hello there,

After one year of usign my Iconico laptop with the attached specifications (with no particular issue), I've started to encounter several slowdown bug.

My GPU started to run at 100% for no reason and the Control Center already installed on my laptop was not responding correctly when changing the mode (Office, Game, Turbo). It became very slow in any task (open a simple windows take sometimes 5-10 seconds) and any 3D programs I was using like Unreal Engine or MAYA couldn't display more than 10-15 FPS.

I supposed it was because of a windows update so I tried to reinstall the update but nothing has changed. I went to the download section in the support on my PCS accont and downloaded again the Control Center wich is this version :

co.PNG

but now when I try to install it, it works, but when I want to open the programm nothing happend, and when I search for the location file I have this issue :

and also the logo is not displayed like it was before :

1678200228024.png

• I've updated all my drivers (NVIDIA and so on..)
  • My GPU or CPU are not overheating (54°C in general, 57°C max)
  • I've run an antimalware check by Windows Defender AND Malwaretech, I apparently don't have any virus
  • I have enough place in my disk to install the Control Center
  • My alimentaiton is working well
  • The ventilation on my laptop is clean

These are my laptop specs :

spec_pcs_iconico.PNG

So at this point I don't really know were is the issue and what I can do to correct it, if anybody has input about this that would help me a lot.

Kind regards !

Attachments

• 1678200011312.png
    1678200011312.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 50

rozoma

So quick update :

As suggested by PCS support I run a DDU and made a fresh installation of windows 10 from a USB flash.

It worked, I am now on a new windows 10, but unfortunately I can't install all the Drivers. For exemple AMD Graphic driver is apparentrly not compatible. I think it's because I have activated the NVIDIA GPU and install the driver nvidia PCS gave me, but as before it goes to 100% with no reason for simple tasks.

Control Center 3.1.31.0 is not able to install correctly.

I'm also experiencing disapearance of the windows office background...

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestion for this issue,

King regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So quick update :

As suggested by PCS support I run a DDU and made a fresh installation of windows 10 from a USB flash.

It worked, I am now on a new windows 10, but unfortunately I can't install all the Drivers. For exemple AMD Graphic driver is apparentrly not compatible. I think it's because I have activated the NVIDIA GPU and install the driver nvidia PCS gave me, but as before it goes to 100% with no reason for simple tasks.

Control Center 3.1.31.0 is not able to install correctly.

I'm also experiencing disapearance of the windows office background...

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestion for this issue,

King regards
You only use PCS drivers if they're not installed by windows update, but you should allow windows update to install all available drivers and then only install PCS ones for the ones it wasn't able to.

Then you install nvidia graphics direct from nvidia. And then lastly, the management driver from your PCS downloads (control center)

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
A lot of what you're saying makes no sense. You wouldn't run DDU (to uninstall graphics drivers) and then do a clean install. The DDU would be pointless.

Also, if you have an NVIDIA card, why are you trying to install AMD graphics drivers?

Why did you do the reinstall?

rozoma

You only use PCS drivers if they're not installed by windows update, but you should allow windows update to install all available drivers and then only install PCS ones for the ones it wasn't able to.

Then you install nvidia graphics direct from nvidia. And then lastly, the management driver from your PCS downloads (control center)

Firt of all thanks for your reply. They sent me a all the drivers I should install after the reinstall of windows, among wich was an AMD graphic drivers. Originally when I recieved this laptop (1 year ago) there were 2 drivers in place for the graphic cards, as I have an AMD Radeon + an NVIDIA RTX.
At the time I choose to use only the NVIDIA and removed the AMD. Aside from that, I don't mind usign only the NVIDIA but I was worried that my driver manager couldn't see the 2nd graphic card (amd) anymore. But if that's not an issue then good.

So as you suggested I've add the NVIDIA driver directly from nvidia :

The only issues I have now are : my laptop lag (takes to much time open widows), I am still not able to install the Control Center, and the GPU is climbing at 100% usage for simple task as moving a window.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Firt of all thanks for your reply. They sent me a all the drivers I should install after the reinstall of windows, among wich was an AMD graphic drivers. Originally when I recieved this laptop (1 year ago) there were 2 drivers in place for the graphic cards, as I have an AMD Radeon + an NVIDIA RTX.
At the time I choose to use only the NVIDIA and removed the AMD. Aside from that, I don't mind usign only the NVIDIA but I was worried that my driver manager couldn't see the 2nd graphic card (amd) anymore. But if that's not an issue then good.

So as you suggested I've add the NVIDIA driver directly from nvidia :

The only issues I have now are : my laptop lag (takes to much time open widows), I am still not able to install the Control Center, and the GPU is climbing at 100% usage for simple task as moving a window.
You wouldn't use the PCS drivers, you let windows update configure drivers, and then use the PCS ones for any that aren't applied.

I would suggest doing a clean install again and going through proper driver config, and then reevaluate. As it stands, I don't think windows is configured. Control Center won't work until all drivers are correctly configured.

rozoma

A lot of what you're saying makes no sense. You wouldn't run DDU (to uninstall graphics drivers) and then do a clean install. The DDU would be pointless.

Also, if you have an NVIDIA card, why are you trying to install AMD graphics drivers?

Why did you do the reinstall?
I did a DDU on PCS tech support advice, to see if the issues I had could be fixed. It wasn't the case so I did the reinstall.

I originally do the reinstall because I had slowdow/lagging issues (with windows OS and other softwares), I work with 3D programs as Unreal Engine and wasn't able to pass the 15 FPS. My GPU (Nvidia) went to 100% even doing small tasks. (I have configured the GeForce from NVIDIA so it should work).

Also after November 2022 Windows update (22H2), the Control Center provided by PCS wasn't working anymore.

I've runned test to detect malwares and apparently my pc is clean. I've also tested all the composent integrity and they're fine. My CPU and GPU are not overheating (52-57° in genereal for both). My ventilators are clean and the alimentation works well.

The only issues I have now are :
- my laptop lag (takes to much time open widows or doign simple task),
- I am not able to install the Control Center
- GPU is climbing at 100% usage

rozoma

You wouldn't use the PCS drivers, you let windows update configure drivers, and then use the PCS ones for any that aren't applied.

I would suggest doing a clean install again and going through proper driver config, and then reevaluate. As it stands, I don't think windows is configured. Control Center won't work until all drivers are correctly configured.
Ok then I'll do another fresh reinstall but I find it strange as the pcs support asked me to install their drivers...

Also, you said windows is no configured, how can I verify this ? Currently I can use it and install any other programs, they work. It show the right verison of windows and the windows key is activated.

1678363225496.png

Anyway I'll do the reinstall and cross fingers !

rozoma

So I've reinstalled Windows OS provided by PCS with an USB key, but now I need to install the network driver otherwise windows is not able to download and install the different dirvers on its own. What should I do ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I've reinstalled Windows OS provided by PCS with an USB key, but now I need to install the network driver otherwise windows is not able to download and install the different dirvers on its own. What should I do ?
Generally with a laptop you plug it in via LAN to initially set up drivers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've connected the LAN but my I have a message from windows that says it has not detected a network card installed, and I need to install the pilot.
Can you take a screenshot of your device manager window? And this error you're getting?