Controller for PC

Spuff

Expert
Personally the only thing I use is my trusty 8 year old PS3 controller, except in strategy games.
People's preference of control is usually what they are used to.
For GTA everyone whose opinion I have heard says driving is much better with a gamepad.
If you were totally used to any controls then for some games, or activity in games, K&M will be better and in others gamepad will be better (and the opposite of a step down).

The Xbox One controller is more up to date than the 360.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
The Xbox 360 controller seems to have the best compatibility across the majority of games. The PlayStation controllers require some key binding work for quite a few games. Especially older ones.

I don't use the controller much but for some games it is far better than KB+M. Racing games are especially awful on a keyboard and mouse and some console ports just seem to be nicer to play with the controller.

Haz256

I use a wired Xbox 360 controller for games such a Borderlands and Left4Dead. Games where really high accuracy and precision isnt really required. Much prefer it to keyboard and mouse.

A wired Xbox360 controller is also plug and play. I didnt have to install and drivers manually, or adjust the settings in game to use it. It just works, as long as its plugged in before the game loads up :)

amoshi

Gold Level Poster
I use a wired Xbox 360 controller for games such a Borderlands and Left4Dead. Games where really high accuracy and precision isnt really required. Much prefer it to keyboard and mouse.

A wired Xbox360 controller is also plug and play. I didnt have to install and drivers manually, or adjust the settings in game to use it. It just works, as long as its plugged in before the game loads up :)

As I'm also an FPS person, I think I'm convinced now.
Thank you everyone for your opinions. :)

Spuff

Expert
The PlayStation controllers require some key binding work for quite a few games.

No more so than an Xbox controller if you use an Xbox profile. Games think my PS3 controller is an Xbox controller.

PS4 controller for games such as batman, GTA etc.

Like I said it's probably what you are used to. I tried a PS4 controller and I prefer my non-shock PS3 controller (nice and light (I prefer the PS3 controller anyway)). I don't get why people, who complain about the original's lightness, who are holding something in their hands maybe for hours want it to be heavier. Also the PS4 controller I have has a left stick output that moves wrongfully slowly.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
No more so than an Xbox controller if you use an Xbox profile. Games think my PS3 controller is an Xbox controller.

Like I said it's probably what you are used to. I tried a PS4 controller and I prefer my non-shock PS3 controller (nice and light (I prefer the PS3 controller anyway)). I don't get why people, who complain about the original's lightness, who are holding something in their hands maybe for hours want it to be heavier. Also the PS4 controller I have has a left stick output that moves wrongfully slowly.

I did say that it was mostly for older games where the PS3 controller struggles a bit more.

But I do prefer the 360 controller over all other controllers compatible with PC. I still find it the most comfortable.

bo0td

If to the game the PS controller is an Xbox controller why is there a difference?

There isn't. I use my Dualshock 4 via Bluetooth. It's worked flawlessly with every game I own. As you said, the game treats it as if it's a 360 controller when using DS4Windows, Input Mapper, or something similar. Can even use the touchpad as a mouse, really handy for games with only partial controller support.