CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120 ARGB + Controller Kit

LukeBrigginshaw965

Hi All

Got my custom build through on Friday and absolutely love it, sleek, sexy and packs a punch on all my games. It is perfect bar one small tiny issue that could be ignored but is bugging me.

I have downloaded Aura Sync and can control the RGB Ram, however I can't control the CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120 ARGB fans. I can change their colour using the small black controller that is hidden in the case (that was very difficult to find without Live Chat help). I have searched high and low and apparently they are compatible with Aura Sync and have seen a video of someone using Aura Sync to change them. So rather than being able to change to the all the different colours that are advertised on the Coolmaster Website I can only do Red, Green, Blue, and Multi colour

I called up Friday evening and the bloke on the phone told me that ARGB were the ones you can't change, and that RGB are the ones you can change... which contradicts everything I have read online. So I am a little confused as I would have thought they were changeable and PCS would have set them up correctly.

LukeBrigginshaw965

I think I have worked it out now. The 3in1 can be set up two ways.

1) Fans/Power straight into the controller. This means you can have 5 preset modes:
- Red
- Blue
- Green
- Multi Colours
- Cycle through about 10 different colours.

2) You have all the fans daisy chained and plugged into the ARGB port on the motherboard (I do have one I have checked: Asus TUF B550 Plus), and then the power leads for each fans go onto a power slot on the motherboard. This then allows you to use Asus Aura Sync.

I have taken the sides of the case and traced the cables and none of mine are attached to the motherboard. Only to the single button controller at the bottom of the case (Which is then connected to the reset button for ease of use). So they have set it up the first way.

At some point in the near future I am going to re organise it so the fans go into the ARGB Slot so I can customise the colours... I just want to enjoy it for a few weeks and not mess up the pretty cable management they have done! I also need to buy a cool master splitter to bring the 3 fans into one single ARGB port.