Cooling advice due to stock shortages

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
Hi guys, I just need some quick advice on my order.

660df8d3c3f7449cb006b5157f6bb306.png

Like a lot of people I've been waiting for the 3080, which has obviously caused a delay, but today I received an email from PCS to tell me that my order is being processed, but the 2 x 120mm case fans are now out of stock.

I'd be really grateful is someone could just look over my order and tell me:

a) do I need the extra case fans or can I get rid of them?
b) if I can't get rid of them, how can I replace them?

With the case I have chosen, I can only fit two extra fans in, so I can't choose any of the current options:

image.png

I'd really appreciate a push in the right direction.

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
you could get a pair of the Thermaltake Toughfans, I've just fitted a pair in my case
They don't have any in stock at the moment, if the configurator is to be believed. They would have been my go-to option.
Personally, I'd leave them out as you should have enough cooling. Not sure how you will get 2 extra fans in anyway...the case comes with 3x120mm fans (2 front , 1 rear), the cooler will take the 2 roof slots which would just leave room for a single extra fan at the front. Unless they put the cooler behind the front fans of course but I wouldn't be happy with it being arranged like that
They'd be in the rear of the case apparently.

I'm happy to take them out if I'd still have sufficient cooling from the three front fans. I just didn't want to remove them without checking with someone with a bit more know-how than myself.

MIETUS

I'm also thinking about removing extra fans from my build. I have chosen 2x Thermaltake Toughfans. :(:(

MIETUS

My case which is Corsair Crystal Series 570x does not have rear fan originally. Do you guys think if I should just change it to 1 extra fan to put it in the fan rear socket as my case has only 3 included fans on the front?

Gavras

Master Poster
My case which is Corsair Crystal Series 570x does not have rear fan originally. Do you guys think if I should just change it to 1 extra fan to put it in the fan rear socket as my case has only 3 included fans on the front?
I have a 500D SE, it also did not come with a rear fan, I think it’s about £8 to have a basic fan fitted - which I had PCS do as part of my order.

I will replace it with an ML Pro 120 at some point.

At the moment my case runs really cold, great for cooling off odd bottle white wine.