Coolit Fatboy vs Coolit C240?

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
So I've decided to face off these two most expensive options...as I just wanna supply the best cooling my PC can possibly get. Can anyone from personal preference or knowledge help me out on these two...which is better or are they equally as good?

Thanks,
Sam.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I requested that information before and I was shown the difference in temperatures between those 2 which was minimal. Are you overclocking your CPU?

Corfate

Author Level
During all my research over what liquid cooler to get, such as ruben said, i found there to be minimal differences between the equivalent corsair options. I went for the H100 (similar to the C240) as it fits in my face perfectly and looks ace if you ask me :)

(So helpful i know)

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
I don't plan to soon, but I quite fancy having the ability to overclock..and do it safely. As I messages you about the i5 3570K .. just would rather push the boat out for better cooling if i can push my budget. Does that make reasonable sense?

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
Think I will :D what motherboard do you sport ruben? Been looking at the sabertooth but it doesn't have a PCI slot for a sound card :(

tom_gr7

Life Serving
theres about 1-2 c difference between the h100 and h80 (fatboy and c240)

I suggest reading this mate http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2665

edit - if ya case is big enough, i'd go for the 240.

I'd personally change the fans though, as the corsair stock fans are noisy. I'd probably put 4 fans on it too, but again if the case is big enough.

Last edited:

steaky360

I'd personally change the fans though, as the corsair stock fans are noisy. I'd probably put 4 fans on it too, but again if the case is big enough.

Its crazy but I had to put slim fans on my h100 and mount the top fans outside to get it in push/pull even though my case is pretty large! If the C240 is similar to the H100 you'll need around 75mm of space inside the case to mount everything inside. Its definitely worth it though, cooler CPU and in my opinion it also looks cooler.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Its crazy but I had to put slim fans on my h100 and mount the top fans outside to get it in push/pull even though my case is pretty large! If the C240 is similar to the H100 you'll need around 75mm of space inside the case to mount everything inside. Its definitely worth it though, cooler CPU and in my opinion it also looks cooler.

You replace the intel cpu cooler with the H100? you need to take new pictures :)

Corfate

Author Level
I can't fit push pull on my H100, i just have the fans inside the case pushing air out the top (See pic below)

Works well enough. The gentle typhoon fans i have on it are at 100% all the time, and i can hardly hear them :)

IMG_2025.JPG

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I can't fit push pull on my H100, i just have the fans inside the case pushing air out the top (See pic below)

Works well enough. The gentle typhoon fans i have on it are at 100% all the time, and i can hardly hear them :)

IMG_2025.JPG

nice dude. I liked ya triple fan setup!!!