Corsair 250 or coolermaster 130

Greymist

Hi, i am ordering a mini gaming pc (as well as home office) as a long overdue update to ancient desktop. I am no pc expert so i looked at other peoples builds and read a few reviews.
Historically i have bought pcs with better than i need components (extra ram, hardrive for windows update bloat)and then just updated the video card after 2-3 years to extend life without the braindamage of replacing everything. Below is the build i just ordered. I probably will not overclock at this point. My question is whether the corsair case is necessary or would the coolermaster 130 work. I would like this to stay cool and quiet which is why i initially picked the bigger corsair, but if it works well in the smaller coolermaster i would be tempted to change my order.

Cheers.

Case
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 250D MINI-ITX CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4690K (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® MAXIMUS VII IMPACT: Mini-ITX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, WIFI
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready
1st Hard Disk
240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling
Corsair H55 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre European Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software
Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2013 (1 License & Disc)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 MINI-HDMI to HDMI CABLE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
3 DAY DELIVERY TO SWITZERLAND
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Quantity

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Silver warranty wouldn't work for Switzerland only within the UK. I would get the biggest case you can fit since a smaller case would not provide a lot of cooling/airflow. Are you planning to overclock your cpu? Is it just home use and gaming? The ram seems excessive if that's the case

Greymist

Hi thanks for the reply. I am not planning to overclock the cpu at this stage, although i was thinking in a couple years maybe i could to help close the gap as faster cpus come out and mine starts to lag behind. Also depends if it looks like the cpu is insufficient to the task as i look forward to some flashy new pc releases in the next year

It is home use and gaming. While i sometimes work from home, it usually is remote desktop so not limited by my specs. I have some ambition of doing graphic intensive stuff on my own as a hobby but that may stay a dream.

The ram was trying to anticipate the next wave of requirements, as i remember buying a pc back when 1 gb ram seemed excessive, a couple years later 2 was "necessary", then 4... If you think 8 is more than enough for 3-5 year cycle than maybe it is excessive, it just seemed every gaming pc recommended now has 8 so i wanted to leave myself a margin

Cheers

I think i will stick with corsair case as a compromise then as its main criticism from the reviews was that it was big for a minicase. Right now i have room for a full size desktop. But in 9 months when i move house again i may not so i figure a mini case gives me more flexibility and hopefully with only one gpu i am not creating a portable cooker.

sanj

Good choice in going with the 250D it doe's provide much better airflow as well as the chance to a few more case fan's seeing that you will have a fairly large GPU.