Corsair H115i PRO Hydro Series - Out of Stock - Need Alternative

Hello,

I ordered a new PC on the 17th of September and mainly to support for the 3080 card. Here is my full spec below.

The email states: Corsair H115i PRO Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler is unfortunately out of sock and has been discontinued by our supplier.

My knowledge is quite limited so any assistance is appreciated as I need to update my order to avoid any more delays.

Many thanks in advance.

CaseCORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core CPU (4.7GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage Drive4TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i PRO Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

Although I am very confused now because the Platinum and is greyed out and I got an email about the pro?

See the drop down screenshot below.

Attachments

• Cooler.png
    Cooler.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 154

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's not greyed out for me, so maybe more than one person has got that email and they're all busy swapping over?

I would personally always go for an air cooler over water cooling unless you plan on doing overclocking. Noctua's air coolers are highly regarded.

Looking at that build you could swap out the 1000W PSU for a 750W one as well to save money. Nvidia only recommends 750W for the 3080. Also the 3900X has been superseded by the new 5000 AMD CPUs.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would personally always go for an air cooler over water cooling unless you plan on doing overclocking. Noctua's air coolers are highly regarded.

Looking at that build you could swap out the 1000W PSU for a 750W one as well to save money. Nvidia only recommends 750W for the 3080. Also the 3900X has been superseded by the new 5000 AMD CPUs.
For the 3900x / 5900x and upwards, air cooling isn't enough and you won't be able to maintain boost clocks. You have to have an AIO as a minimum on those chips.

When you say "Also the 3900x has been superseded by the new 5000 AMD CPUs. Can you recommend a CPU, sorry the exact name so I can look at the costing. Thank you.

Is this a gaming machine? If so you should be fine with the 5600X but if you intend on doing any editing work or want to hedge against future demands you could go with the 5900X. 5600X has less cores but performance is comparable/better than the 3900X and it's like £200 cheaper than the 5900X.

For the 3900x / 5900x and upwards, air cooling isn't enough and you won't be able to maintain boost clocks. You have to have an AIO as a minimum on those chips.
A high-end air cooler can definitely compete with an AIO for gaming but if production work is needed an AIO might be beneficial.

Oh the older Noctua models look hilariously awful yeah but they're workhorses. I agree it would be nice if PCS got some newer ones in.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
I got that email too and I amended mine to the H115i RGB Platinum just a couple of minutes ago, it did show as greyed out, however it did let me proceed without any warning messages related to the cooler and on the confirmation page it showed with a green dot saying in stock, so the information must be wrong in one of those places. Either way, newer is always better so I'm fine with the wait if it is out of stock (having a 3080 in my order, waiting for stock is nothing new...).