Corsair H115i pro

RyanSAFC

How long will this last before it needs to be replaced? Never used a liquid cooler so i zero knowledge on how to replace the fluid but apparently these type of liquid coolers you cannot? planning my nest build and want to get a powerful CPU so i think an air cooler won't cut it.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
You would likely be better to post up your proposed spec and get advice. Using the h115i Pro would be ill advised, as an example, as it's an old model and been replaced by the H115i RGB Platinum.

You don't need to do anything with water coolers. They are sealed units that require zero maintenance. They will typically last years without any issues at all. My previous one is still going after 10 years (not on my system anymore, it's on my Dads). I currently have the H115i Platinum and nothing touches it for performance.

RyanSAFC

I will be posting my build for opinions probably around late September/early-mid October when the top end Nvidia GPU's are released, just trying to get a feel though for what i need. Thanks again for the reply Scott, legend.

Last edited:

RyanSAFC

The cooler should last however long you have the system....I had a budget Coolermaster cooler in my old system which lasted for 8 years without issue (running 15-18 hours a day) and was still going when I replaced my system. Others around here have run their system 24 hours a day for 10 years without a cooler issue.

As to the liquid, it should never need replacing as it is a completely sealed unit...basically, it requires zero maintenance beyond cleaning the fans that come with it..
The cooler should last however long you have the system....I had a budget Coolermaster cooler in my old system which lasted for 8 years without issue (running 15-18 hours a day) and was still going when I replaced my system. Others around here have run their system 24 hours a day for 10 years without a cooler issue.

As to the liquid, it should never need replacing as it is a completely sealed unit...basically, it requires zero maintenance beyond cleaning the fans that come with it..same as cleaning any case fans

Thank you