Corsair H150i Elite Lcd Aio Cooler red triangle warning symbol - 2 week update

DamianM

Pc has just arrived and the cooler has a permanent red warning triangle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220325-183055_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220325-183055_Gallery.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:

DamianM

I have spoke to support and they said to re install icue software, done that and it's the same.

Anyone familiar with this cooler have any suggestions?

Last edited:

DamianM

After searching Google its seems I'm not alone with this issue, and its been ongoing for several months. Seems its either a hardware fault requiring a replacement or maybe at a long shot a firmware issue.

Its strange that it's wasn't flagged up during testing. Certainly takes the shine off the new pc. :(

I'll have to speak to support again after work on Monday to see what they suggest doing.

Last edited:

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yep, there’s no issue with that, PCS allow you to open the case and fix items like loose cables, cards etc.

As with anything, treat things with care!

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
I'm quite disappointed with this, I got a Cappelix specifically to upgrade in the future, but I'm seeing many many cases where they have the icon of death. I'll pass until they do something definitive to fix it.

DamianM

I just went to shut the pc down and seen there's a windows update to install so I've done that and now the cooler screen is showing a 0 degree temp readout. This is first time I've seen anything apart from the warning triangle.

It's seems stuck at 0 degress though and there's no option in icue to modify it.

The mystery continues. I will have a careful look inside to see if there's anything obvious, maybe its a software/ firmware problem.

DamianM

Ok so I had a look and couldn't see anything obvious. Impeciable wiring job done tbh. Gave all connections a little firm push, and restarted the pc.

Initially had no screen output to the monitor at all, so another restart and all was good.

Oh and this ......

Attachments

• 20220326_185241.jpg
    20220326_185241.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 627

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hopefully it remains working fine. Definitely check if there are any software or firmware updates for the cooler and iCUE.

DamianM

Hopefully it remains working fine. Definitely check if there are any software or firmware updates for the cooler and iCUE.
All was well until tonight I got this screen with a pump failure alert. I had been playing warzone for about 15 mins. Fans were set to balanced mode in the icue software.

20220331_200716.jpg

20220331_200453.jpg

I switched the pc off and booted it back up again. I started icue and it's was showing normal on the lcd screen but I did briefly see it was showing a cpu temp of minus 50 for a few seconds. The alert then came back on again with the cooler fans running at full speed.

I switched the pc off for 5 mins and restarted it again. The message is gone and everthing seems back to normal.

I have re installed the pump firmware.

Was it perhaps just a glitch or is it on its way out and needs rma?

Any thoughts would be appreciated 🙂

Edit: spoke too soon it's back to punp failure

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All was well until tonight I got this screen with a pump failure alert. I had been playing warzone for about 15 mins. Fans were set to balanced mode in the icue software.

View attachment 32966

View attachment 32967

I switched the pc off and booted it back up again. I started icue and it's was showing normal on the lcd screen but I did briefly see it was showing a cpu temp of minus 50 for a few seconds. The alert then came back on again with the cooler fans running at full speed.

I switched the pc off for 5 mins and restarted it again. The message is gone and everthing seems back to normal.

Was it perhaps just a glitch or is it on its way out and needs rma?

Any thoughts would be appreciated 🙂
I would definitely get it replaced personally, it's not the sort of thing you want to risk being dodgy at the expense of the CPU and / or motherboard, possibly PSU also. Not worth risking it, I'd get it swapped out.

It's definitely on the latest firmware?

DamianM

I would definitely get it replaced personally, it's not the sort of thing you want to risk being dodgy at the expense of the CPU and / or motherboard, possibly PSU also. Not worth risking it, I'd get it swapped out.

It's definitely on the latest firmware?
Yes latest icue software which was released a day or so ago and everything connected showing no updates available.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It seems there is definitely something up with the aio cooler. I have just filled in the rma form on the website and waiting for it to be approved.

Thanks for your help again @SpyderTracks 👍
Think that's a wise move, it's definitely not right, these new cooler have bugs but not like that, that's something more serious.

Keep us posted (y)