Cosmos 2 will not turn on! (Less than one month old).

Tom1991

Okay so, the laptop is less than a month old and the missus treats it better than me haha.
It was working fine until tonight when she went to turn it on and nothing happened.

The lights on the bottom left for ac and battery charge are both on amber.
when the power button is pressed the ac light will turn green flash once then return back to amber with nothing happening.
Does anyone have any idea why this is and will i need to send it back for repairs so early?

Edit. its charging battery because its light just turned from amber to green still doing nothing else tho.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Are you plugged in? Have you tried powering it in another plug socket. Perhaps try running it without the battery in and just the mains supplying power. Seems like that it is probably a power issue and the amber lights may be a warning of insufficient power. You may be able to refer to the original manual for the laptop to see if it mentions it. I would refer to my copy for you but I currently do not have it :(

Tom1991

definitely plugged in its still charging the battery up, tried plugging it in somewhere different, tried taking battery out holding power button in to drain what's left and plugged ac in without battery in, tried with battery only and still getting the exact same thing, the light indicating there is ac power goes from amber to green flashes once then goes to amber again when the power button is pressed. :turned:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
definitely plugged in its still charging the battery up, tried plugging it in somewhere different, tried taking battery out holding power button in to drain what's left and plugged ac in without battery in, tried with battery only and still getting the exact same thing, the light indicating there is ac power goes from amber to green flashes once then goes to amber again when the power button is pressed. :turned:

About the only other thing you can try is to pop the CMOS battery out and back in again to "reset" the BIOS. That's clutching at straws a bit though.

If that doesn't work, or you don't fancy trying it, then I'd suggest that you call PCS (don't email, calling is better) as soon as you can.