Could I have some help configuring a laptop please?

darrenham

Hi,

Firstly my uses: photo editing, both Canon .CR2 RAW files, and 16 Bit TIFFs; and limited gaming (Football Manager 2014 in 3D)

I've also got some specs I'd like to meet:

- i7 4700MQ
- 2 x 8GB RAM
- 240GB SSD
- 750GB HDD
- Reasonable Nvidia GFX card (770 or 765 doesn't really bother me)
- Matte Screen
- As good build quality as possible, I use the laptop daily after work, and carry it with me when I travel.
- Not fussed about DVD drive
- Good battery life
- if 17in, I'd like a thin/light case, otherwise 15.6in is fine
- Windows 8.1 (what's the difference between the standard and the profession version?)

So mostly I'd like to know which chassis to go for. The portability isn't a big deal, I'm just replacing a Dell L702x with the extended battery sticking out the bottom, and that was a bit unwieldy (much better with a standard battery), so that's a decent benchmark to work with. I've tried looking at *whispers* a Dell XPS15, but the configuration I like (QHD+ screen) isn't available for ages, so I'm here.

My budget, at the very top is £1400. But ideally I'd like to spend less. Most of the configurations I've come up with are around £1200. I've got the tabs open, so if you'd like to see then give me a shout.

Appreciate your help, thanks.

darrenham

Sorry, just realised I'm in the Technical Support section, I'll post this elsewhere, feel free to close please.