Could I lose my money cancelling my order a second time?

Recently ordered a pc but cancelled due to the price changing, I then un cancelled it because the price went back to what it was before, the price has changed again and its stayed changed so I'm thinking about cancelling again but I'm worried about losing my money as I've already previously cancelled and un cancelled which has un assigned and reassigned a credit note. Sounds a bit silly but I hope you can understand my concern, is there a risk of losing my money?

Rakk

The Awesome
I wouldn't think there would be any chance of actually losing your money, however, you may start to trigger fraud/unusual activity warnings with PCS (so that may make it more difficult to buy from them) or your bank/credit card may start blocking things as it may look like unusual activity

I wouldn't think there would be any chance of actually losing your money, however, you may start to trigger fraud/unusual activity warnings with PCS (so that may make it more difficult to buy from them) or your bank/credit card may start blocking things as it may look like unusual activity
right, if i uncancelled again (which judging my luck with these prices might happen) would they just reassign the credit note again? I hope that would avoid any issues with my card. Although now that you mention does seem a little unusual for me to do that. So are you sure hypothetically it would be safe for me to cancel and un cancel again just in case?

PS: I'm sorry I imagine all of this sounds pretty dumb, thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17413

Just to check, you know the price stays as what you have paid? If you are concerned about fluctuations, spec your build and save it as a quote.
They will charge the quoted price if you take the order but it only saves for 5 days.

I think you can hold 2 or 3 quotes at a time, so if it drops a bit in five days you can grab the lower price as a quote should prices bounce back up, but gives you a little time to consider. That also wont complicate the process of payment/refund and any triggers

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhuna50

Author Level
With the way component prices are yo-yo ing at the moment you could be cancelling and uncancelling for months if you keep this attitude.

My suggestion is to phone them and discuss the price and settle on it then do not look.

When you reprice are you just going into your order and clicking link to look at it? Or are you clearing your cache and rebuilding the same PC. And what are we talking - a few pounds or £50+

You may want to ask yourself if you are worried about a slight change in price, is such a big spend the right thing to do at the moment especially as prices are inflated at the moment due to global shortages etc.

Remember each time you cancel then reorder you go to the back of the queue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand where you are coming from. PCS prices are far more volatile than some other custom builders. I've been just saving the quotes every time I see a drop in price while I make up my mind about the spec.

The quote I saved on Friday morning was £2,316. As of now, it's £2,445 for exactly the same build. It's mostly driven by changes in the 3070 price. At £2,316 PCS is most competitive but at £2,445 it clearly isn't.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Phone then and give them the details of the quote you saved at the lower price and they would stick to that price I believe. If you leave it the quote will go out of date.

Have you got advice on your spec in the check this spec thread. We might be able to help / maximise what you are getting for your budget etc?

Put the link on here to both quotes and we can have a look through as well.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Phone then and give them the details of the quote you saved at the lower price and they would stick to that price I believe. If you leave it the quote will go out of date.

Have you got advice on your spec in the check this spec thread. We might be able to help / maximise what you are getting for your budget etc?

Quotes are valid for 5 days.