CPU Coolers

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
I was thinking of changing my "be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2" to a different cooler because the Pro 2 is way too large and it's difficult to make my way around my PC when I need too. I even had to plug in the cooler into the chassis fan slot on my motherboard because it was too hard to reach the CPU fan. Is there any recommendations to decent Air coolers that can perform just as well as the pro 2 but are smaller? Money is not an issue.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i'd probably hang on a bit, because there are alot of new liquid coolers coming onto the market, so i think it would be worth waiting.

I have a Noctua NH D14, its massive and i put three fans on it :), so i kinda know how you feel, however, I do prefer beefy air coolers as there is no risk of any sort of leak and my temps are very good.

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah I see what you mean, but I haven't heard of any new liquid coolers apart from the Intel one. I actually think I incorrectly applied the thermal paste because it was such a struggle to install the CPU Fan onto the motherboard as a result the paste was spread all over the place, so that might be another issue as well.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
For air cooler you could have a look at the Enermax ETS-T40 (139x93x160mm) or for closed loop liquid cooler Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer (140x126x159mm).

Noble

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah I've looked at I've the reviews of the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer and it's pretty good, might get that instead. Thanks.