cpu cooling

Washpot

hi, i'm about to order my amd build from this site, I was wondering if the titan fenrir is capable of keeping cpu's like AMD Phenom II 965 cool since it runs at higher temps than other amd proccesors. Its either that or i can get the Coolit A.L.C but i dont know much about that either. Feeback would be most appreciated!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Firstly what case have you chose dude?

Secondly are you ordering a overclocked rig?

Thirdly both the titan and the Coolit ALC ECO will keep ya cpu cool enough, but would be a very good idea to keep ya eye on the temps when doing cpu demanding tasks etc.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
in that case the the triple copper cooler would be suitable for your needs. Some would say there is no need for the titan or the coolit eco if you are not overclocking.

Its your choice the triple copper cooler is a great priced cpu cooler, the titan is a very very good cooler, but it is pretty big! The coolit eco is very good too, but really not needed unless you are an enthusiast and want the best!

have a look at some reviews on google for the titan/triple copper cooler and see what ya think,

Tom

Washpot

Thanks, I've already read some reviews but i felt that i could've got something better i might just go with a 970 which isnt as hot and overclock it later.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
remember if you do overclock consider you will need atleast the titan or coolit eco.

But i'd suggest if you do want a overclocked rig get pcs to do it for you, then ya covered by warranty. and you are given the option for a better thermal paste.