CPU Fan connector to mobo

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
Hi, i am in the near process of recieveing a Sycthe Kaze Master (4 channel fan controller)

Last night i opened up my case and just to see for when the fan controller came, i unplugged all the Inwin Fanquas case fans which were connected to some ports on the motherboard and 1 connected via molex and the big side fan aswell via molex.
All cud be unplugged easily :)
But when it came to the CPU Fan , it just would not come out! Its connected to the CPU_FAN slot on the motherboard.

why isnt it coming out? whats wrong? if by any chance what am i doing wrong?
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
Thanks

pengipete

Rising Star
There's a small plastic tab on the header that hepls keep the plug in place. It's not really tight or strong but it will stop you from pulling the plug out on straight line.

Ideally you want to pull the tab slightly away from the plug - just getting a finger-nail in the gap is enough. If you can't do that (it can be difficult due to the location of that header) you can lean the plug down very slightly towards the RAM slots - a very wriggling motion up & down will also work. We're talking about tiny movements - the clip only hold on by a fraction of a millimetre - and it's a small angle at the same time as pulling.