CPU Fan speed error on boot up?

My 3-year-old PC, running a H60 liquid corsair CPU cooler, has started giving me a CPU fan speed error on start-up. Have had a look around for how to check and deal with this, but no real answer, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit,
Details for my PC from the PCS orders page:

Case FRACTAL FOCUS G BLACK GAMING CASE (Window)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 10 Core Processor i9-9820X (3.3GHz) 16.5MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING: ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6 GB/s, WIFI - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st M.2 SSD Drive128GB ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 (560 MB/R, 300 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H60 2018 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteCOOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound CardONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Can you post the full spec from your order page, assuming this is a PCS pc, if not we won't be able to help as this is a dedicated PCS forum, in that case you may well get advise on an open forum such as toms hardware

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My 3-year-old PC, running a H60 liquid corsair CPU cooler, has started giving me a CPU fan speed error on start-up. Have had a look around for how to check and deal with this, but no real answer, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit,
Details for my PC from the PCS orders page:

CaseFRACTAL FOCUS G BLACK GAMING CASE (Window)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 10 Core Processor i9-9820X (3.3GHz) 16.5MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING: ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6 GB/s, WIFI - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st M.2 SSD Drive128GB ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 (560 MB/R, 300 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H60 2018 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteCOOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound CardONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
I'm afraid that cooler is nowhere near enough for that CPU, it will have undoubtedly failed as will have been working 100% and still not able to keep temps where they need to be.

You need to replace the cooler with something far more capable like an H100i, or preferably an H115i to be comfortable, but I'm not sure if it will fit in that case.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The error you’re seeing is due to the bios not detecting any fan speed being reported on the CPU fan header. Your Corsair H60 should be plugged into that header, so check that the connection hasn’t come loose.

It could be secure, but no RPM being reported as the pump has failed. But I’d expect that your CPU would reach max temp and system shutdown if that was the case (hopefully).

If you put your hand around each of the tubes going from pump head to radiator, can you feel liquid moving?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No matter how you look at it, running a system without a suitable cooler will lead to high temps, and in the longer term, all out failure.

That cooler is not suitable for that CPU. Getting it working with it again is completely pointless, because it doesn't make it any more appropriate for the silicon, and you're still running the risk of burning out the CPU / motherboard.

Best to swap it out as early as possible for something suitable.

Okay, so:
The fan seems to be plugged in okay and I can feel the pump still working - which while watching the CPU temp in BIOS does keep it down.
So unsure on that front.

Also, the upgraded coolers while they won't fit pointing out the back, like my current one does, I may be able to run it on a bracket facing the top of the case, so will do a few more checks and then look into that.

Thanks for the advice.