CPU Heatsink

[email protected]

My ALC Eco has packed up and not cooling sufficiently, I want to try one of the air cooled heat sinks rather than a sealed unit again. The only problem is their size and the fact I have Kingston Hyper X memory with the large heat spreaders which I believe restricts the type of heat sink I could use, any ideas anyone?

I have an Asus Rampage iii Extreme.
I7 980X
6GB Kingston Hyper X ddr3

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thats a tough one, Is the eco faulty?

I've got a Noctua Nh-d14 but tall ram would be an issue. I'd look at getting another liquid cooler, eco II perhaps?

Also if you contact coolit systems, you may be able to RMA the coolit eco I. I suggest this, as they will probably send you a new eco II :)

[email protected]

Thanks guys, my system started to reach very high temps then the motherboard blew due to a compatibility problem with asus overclocking software. My motherboard has been RAM'd. I think it may have fried the ram as well! Anyway when I have the motherboard back I want to change the cpu cooler, I may just go for the h100 Iv heard some good reviews, this would solve the issue with the high ram heat spreaders.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Thanks guys, my system started to reach very high temps then the motherboard blew due to a compatibility problem with asus overclocking software. My motherboard has been RAM'd. I think it may have fried the ram as well! Anyway when I have the motherboard back I want to change the cpu cooler, I may just go for the h100 Iv heard some good reviews, this would solve the issue with the high ram heat spreaders.

it certainly would, make sure its compatible with your case before you buy!