CPU is burnin' like the sun... apparently.

HBomb

FYI: I have AMD FX-6350 Six Core CPU (4.2/3.9GHZ - 8MB CACHE/AM3+) for a processor and ASUS® M5A97 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s) for a motherboard. I only just recieved the machine and of course i go crazy installing the games and programs i want on it when suddenly it's shouting at me that my CPU is over 65'C and a few seconds later - poof! The machine switches off.

Trouble is, this situation occurs Sometimes when i'm using as little as 20% of the CPU and my fans are all maxed out. The heat sink's a tad warm but nothing noteworthy - I'm wondering if the thermometer's gone a bit funny or if there really is an overheating problem. What do you think?

(and yes, i've checked for stray wires and blockages :p)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
What is the highest temperature recorded? What cpu cooler do you have? Any overclock?

HBomb

before clonking out it was 70. No overclocking and CPU cooler (i assuming is processor cooling) is the triple copper heatpipe.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
before clonking out it was 70. No overclocking and CPU cooler (i assuming is processor cooling) is the triple copper heatpipe.

70'degrees shouldn't he a problem for your CPU, does it happen frequently?

rickne

Master Poster
Mine recorded over 100 degrees. I question its accuracy however. While it was chucking out hot air at the rear the lappy never switched off.

PokerFace

Banned
Isn't there a bios setting you can change to alter the temperature at which your pc shuts down to protect itself. Maybe yours is set too low.

Disclaimer: Please check what are safe limits for your components before changing any settings!