CPU question

Kmce

i got at most a week before i order my computer and trying to work out the kinks before then. i was told not to get the i7-2700k unless i would be overclocking which i am not going to be doing, but now i am forced to choose between the i7 2600 and the i7 2600k, and i do not know what one, does this come down to if i will be overclocking again or is there another reason i should get one and not the other. what do you think i should get

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
The 'k' variants are all for overclockers, so in that case you should get the i7 2600.

However... With the launch of ivy bridge you should probably go for the i7 3770. It is the new ivy bridge chip. It comes in at the same price (well £6 more) it is the latest generation of processor from intel. It is approx 10% faster overall with better support for the latest tech and slightly better onboard graphics and support for the latest PCIe 3.0 built in. So well worth going for over the i7 2600.

Don't get the 'k' variant of the 3770 as that is for overclocking also, the standard version is fine.