Critical Error - Event 41, Kernal-Power (63)

MathersMahmood

Bronze Level Poster
Hi everyone hope you're all well.

My pc has been crashing recently and has a blue screen with a sad face on there and it reads this error 'WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR"

When i check the event viewer it states that i have a critical event which is 'Event 41, critical (63) Kernal-Power.'

The strange thing is that this has been happening since ive got my pc in the event viewer. Since 1/10/13.

I did some research and it says it is to do with a faulty PSU, RAM or other components.

Have any of you had this issue?

Thank you and merry Christmas if you see this after midnight :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The BSOD error is a general hardware error, though it could be a bad driver so it's worth checking that the right drivers are installed and that they are installed properly. The very best way to do that, since you only just received it, is to do a clean reinstall of Windows and the PCS supplied drivers.

The Kernel-Power error in the event log is just reporting that Windows wasn't shut down properly, it's a symptom not the problem.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thank you for the reply. Does that mean that I have to lose all my data?

Only if you fail to back it up first. :)

Seriously, a reinstall will erase everything on the Windows drive so it's vital you back up your user data before you do that.

If you don't fancy a reinstall you could try uninstalling each device via the device manager (inc deleting the driver) rebooting after each one, and then reinstall the latest driver (obviously you'll need to download the latest drivers first).

The advantage of a complete reinstall is that it will eliminate any other Windows issues you might have. Of course if it still BSODs after a reinstall you'll need to contact PCS since it's then probably a real hardware issue.