Crossfire Power Requirement

liamnic2

Super Star
Hey

Will a CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE be enough to run two 7950's in crossfire ?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'd personally go for the 850w, just so you have plenty of juice left in reserve, in case you wanted to add more of this n that.

but also note though, that you may decide against going for dual cards? or could you go for a 7970? they aint much more than a 7950, but are much more powerful.

liamnic2

Super Star
I'd personally go for the 850w, just so you have plenty of juice left in reserve, in case you wanted to add more of this n that.

but also note though, that you may decide against going for dual cards? or could you go for a 7970? they aint much more than a 7950, but are much more powerful.

Im looking for budget cards that I can fit in a spec thats around £950 and crossfire it later, when it struggles. I cant fit in a 7970 - I even tried to fit a 670. But after looking at benchmarks of the 7950 it looks like a decent card.

baron75mk2

Banned
Im looking for budget cards that I can fit in a spec thats around £950 and crossfire it later, when it struggles. I cant fit in a 7970 - I even tried to fit a 670. But after looking at benchmarks of the 7950 it looks like a decent card.

shame you cant fit a GTX 670 because if its two cards your after then your better off with two GTX 670s - crossfire has tons & tons of issues compaired to SLI ( to many to mention ) :)

liamnic2

Super Star
shame you cant fit a GTX 670 because if its two cards your after then your better off with two GTX 670s - crossfire has tons & tons of issues compaired to SLI ( to many to mention ) :)

Would the 750W be able to handle two 670's ? The only problem going with a 670 is that if I have to buy a more expensive SLI mobo aswell. It only adds an extra £70 which isn't really that much when you think about.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
All you can do really is configure pc with sli/crossfire with 650w psu and if you plan to add extra pieces into your pc in the future add them now so it gives you a rough idea of howmuch wattage you need :p.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Yeah, x2 670's are fine with a 750w PSU. I'm going to order a build with 1 670 and a 750w psu so I can add an additional 670 in the future but I can also add a few more drives. 750w should be more then enough.