Current configurator

beanruz

Hi all,

Im currently pricing up a Vortex II and for some reason the GTX 670m 675m are appearing on the configurator.

i thought these were only available on the Vortex III,

also its quoting me £948 for

I7 2670
Gtx 675m
8GB 1333 RAM
500g Seagate Momentus HD

which is great :) untill you click proceed and the price jumps to £1300

Hawke1

Bronze Level Poster
Having this same issue as well. The i5-2450M (2.50GHz) 3MB and 670M are £981 on the final screen though (alongside 500GB HDD and some other nice trimmings), which is a much better deal than the i5-2450M (2.50GHz) 3MB and 560M it was showing the test of today for about £970.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies for the error - we're currently setting up the Vortex III and we accidentally created the wrong product! All fixed now.

beanruz

and there's me almost wetting myself trying to get my hands on this.. cruel PCs.. very cruel!

at least i know how much more expensive the GTX 675m is over the GTX 670:p

Hawke1

Bronze Level Poster
I've got a quote saved with a 670M and i5-2450M (2.50GHz) 3MB for £981. Any chance you could adhere to what was quoted at that time?

Also - when will the Vortex III be avaivlbe for selection, and do you have any info on pricing? Will they be the same as the odd quotes we were getting with the VortexII + 670m?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The pricing is all wrong - very sorry for this guys! Here's a taster though :p

1_big.jpg

Attachments

• P150EM1.jpg
    P150EM1.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 139

Hawke1

Bronze Level Poster
Onday? ONDAY? WHAT DAY IS ONDAY!?!?!?

Thanks for the teaser - so we can expect a choice between a 670M and a 675M for GPU, but what of CPU? What's the base pricing for it - above £1000? Any chance I could get a discount because you did the pricing wrong causing me great harm and entitling me to compensation in the form of...say...50% off? Or I'll sue. I'll totally sue.

Finn

Enthusiast
Got to say one of the things that put me off the new model is the windows key on the right, I use winkey shortcuts all the time, why didn't they swap it with Fn?

AndyL

Got to say one of the things that put me off the new model is the windows key on the right, I use winkey shortcuts all the time, why didn't they swap it with Fn?

+1 It also makes the spacebar key very far off centre. However youve just got to love the backlit keyboard. :)

Finn

Enthusiast
Oh I do love the look of it, its just a shame that in addition to adding some cool new features, they also added some annoyances too!