Custom Builds

robdra

Hi, new member here and have just configured a custom build. Before I go ahead with the purchase I am wondering if it comes completely pre-built and ready to go out of the box or do I need to fit the Processor, fans, memory, graphics card etc myself. Thx For your input
Bob

brianpearson917

No, comes pre built, everything done, you just have to plug it in. It comes pre tested and set up to your build. I was a new customer and had a laptop a couple of weeks ago and very pleased with it.

Rakk

The Awesome
Hi, new member here and have just configured a custom build. Before I go ahead with the purchase I am wondering if it comes completely pre-built and ready to go out of the box or do I need to fit the Processor, fans, memory, graphics card etc myself. Thx For your input
Bob
As stated it comes fully built and tested.
If you post the spec you've chosen, what you'll be using it for and your budget then I'm sure some of the forum members may be able to advise on changes if there are better choices for you.

robdra

Thx for the replies, One other thing I was wondering was whether to go for an i9 or i7 processor, some reviews say the i9 is not worth the extra cost. I've recently bought a Rift VR set and wondering if the processor will make much difference. This will be more a gamer rig
Bob

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thx for the replies, One other thing I was wondering was whether to go for an i9 or i7 processor, some reviews say the i9 is not worth the extra cost. I've recently bought a Rift VR set and wondering if the processor will make much difference. This will be more a gamer rig
Bob
If you post your full specs we can help advise better, and your max budget. Also what monitor are you pairing it with?

zapaz

If i buy a custom built system without the graphic card,do you install a graphic card temporarily to test it ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If i buy a custom built system without the graphic card,do you install a graphic card temporarily to test it ?
None of us work for PCS, so can't say for sure, but there wouldn't really be any need to that I can think of?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Other than APUs, no Ryzen CPUs have iGPUs. Intel's -F versions of CPUs (e.g. i5 9400F which they have released to try to cut prices and better compete with AMD on price) have no iGPU. Intel and AMD HEDT CPUs have no iGPU.

I believe the poster is asking if PCS install a GPU to test the system if he orders one of the above without a dGPU (e.g. to fit their own).