Custom part built PC query

londondan

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all, been a while since I've been on here...5 years in fact which is when I got my first pc from PCS. I am now looking to upgrade, however I don't exactly need a full PC. My current PCS build already has been upgraded by myself from 8GB DDR3 RAM to 16GB , and a new Crucial 1TB SSD along with the original HDD that I bought with the build, I am also going to be replacing the 960 with a 1660 in the coming days, but unfortunately without a new MOBO I can't do much with getting a more modern CPU and better RAM, so essentially I'm looking to get a new case, MOBO, RAM, CPU and PSU, and include the technician installation and have my own parts (SSD + HDD, GPU) installed by them at home. Is this something I can do? (Though saying that I can probably install all that myself)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all, been a while since I've been on here...5 years in fact which is when I got my first pc from PCS. I am now looking to upgrade, however I don't exactly need a full PC. My current PCS build already has been upgraded by myself from 8GB DDR3 RAM to 16GB , and a new Crucial 1TB SSD along with the original HDD that I bought with the build, I am also going to be replacing the 960 with a 1660 in the coming days, but unfortunately without a new MOBO I can't do much with getting a more modern CPU and better RAM, so essentially I'm looking to get a new case, MOBO, RAM, CPU and PSU, and include the technician installation and have my own parts (SSD + HDD, GPU) installed by them at home. Is this something I can do? (Though saying that I can probably install all that myself)
You'd have to order a full build, but you can leave out GPU and select "have my own", the case you can also select "sending one in", but the rest you'd have to order complete even if at the lowest specs.

PCS only do so much in an upgrade which doesn't include replacing the case or motherboard as both of those dictate a full rebuild.

londondan

Bronze Level Poster
That kinda sucks, I just tried and it says I need to select a HDD regardless, I DONT NEED a new SSD/HDD because I have my own with the OS and everything installed, ugh was hoping I'd be able to get a build consisting of a new case, MOBO, RAM, CPU and PSU and have a tech install my existing SSD, HDD and GPU but I guess not.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That kinda sucks, I just tried and it says I need to select a HDD regardless, I DONT NEED a new SSD/HDD because I have my own with the OS and everything installed, ugh was hoping I'd be able to get a build consisting of a new case, MOBO, RAM, CPU and PSU and have a tech install my existing SSD, HDD and GPU but I guess not.
Not through PCS I’m afraid, and not sure any system integrator would.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You could always just order with a HDD...you could just use it as a storage drive then just install your other drives and install Windows (you'd need to do a complete clean install of Windows anyway as the drivers will be completely different).

Installing a GPU and two drives would be a simple job to do as each part only has 2 cables (one to motherboard, one to PSU) and then it's just a matter of installing Windows and GPU drivers
As long as it's an Intel build, with no dGPU they won't be able to test it with an AMD CPU.

When you buy from PCS you must buy a fully working system, what you do with it afterwards is up to you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As long as it's an Intel build, with no dGPU they won't be able to test it with an AMD CPU.

When you buy from PCS you must buy a fully working system, what you do with it afterwards is up to you.
You can order an AMD build without a GPU, they just use a spare gpu to test.

londondan

Bronze Level Poster
You could always just order with a HDD...you could just use it as a storage drive then just install your other drives and install Windows (you'd need to do a complete clean install of Windows anyway as the drivers will be completely different).

Installing a GPU and two drives would be a simple job to do as each part only has 2 cables (one to motherboard, one to PSU) and then it's just a matter of installing Windows and GPU drivers
I completely forgot about this thread, yeah that's exactly what I'm planning to do, order with a small 256GB basic SSD installed and swap it over with the 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD, put the 256 in the old build and likely sell it/give it away.