Customs on Export?

mustard

All,

Fedex have told me that 'Border Force UK' have had my system for almost a week in Stansted (it's being sent to the Republic of Ireland). They can't help me with how much longer it might be. Any ideas on how much longer I might expect to have it held up? It's a liquid series system and the couple of initial notifications to fedex were 'cannot be hand-checked' and something along the lines of x-ray test didn't work. Could mean that it didn't pass, but this wasn't clear.

Any insights welcome, thanks!

Bhuna50

Author Level
I’d be chasing FedEx to ask them what the process is then and could they give you a contact number at Border Force UK to discuss issues.

Maybe ask PCS if they can look into it too and chase up.

It’s PCS / FedEx responsibility still at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustard

I’d be chasing FedEx to ask them what the process is then and could they give you a contact number at Border Force UK to discuss issues.

Maybe ask PCS if they can look into it too and chase up.

It’s PCS / FedEx responsibility still at the moment.

Thanks for this. Fedex say they're not in control of it anymore, it's Border Force. I'll drop a mail to PCS to make sure all bases are covered. It's a returned RMA, waiting on this for weeks already. Anyway...

Schmoo2k

Bronze Level Poster
That is weird (and worrying as my ROI build is in testing ATM) - there is no duty on the ROI side and in theory PCS should discount by the GB Vat and then add the ROI Vat (1% diff) - as long as the paperwork is correct it should "just pass through".

You might have got unlucky with a drugs screen?

mustard

That is weird (and worrying as my ROI build is in testing ATM) - there is no duty on the ROI side and in theory PCS should discount by the GB Vat and then add the ROI Vat (1% diff) - as long as the paperwork is correct it should "just pass through".

I don't think it's a financial question, so don't worry about duties or tax. This rig ships on a pallet so might be the reason it's taking so long to check. But it is annoying that this is open-ended - FedEx can't tell me that they'll have it back in a certain number of days, they say they just have to wait.

Citrus_9

Expert

The above isn't related to VAT or other taxes.

Schmoo2k

Bronze Level Poster
I don't think it's a financial question, so don't worry about duties or tax. This rig ships on a pallet so might be the reason it's taking so long to check. But it is annoying that this is open-ended - FedEx can't tell me that they'll have it back in a certain number of days, they say they just have to wait.
OOOooo a liquid series build? I now have no sympathy...

Bhuna50

Author Level
Thanks for this. Fedex say they're not in control of it anymore, it's Border Force. I'll drop a mail to PCS to make sure all bases are covered. It's a returned RMA, waiting on this for weeks already. Anyway...

Ah ok. Going from you to PCS or from PCS to you?

When FedEx say they aren’t in control, are they saying they aren’t responsible now? Two different meanings. If they say not responsible ask if it’s been ceased then by customs as you will need to get details then and should be informed why etc. and have to contact them.

Speak with PCS and ask what help they can give you.