Cyborg R.A.T's?

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys, I have read a few reviews and watched a few of the Cyborg R.A.T gaming mice (3 & 5 - the two i'm interested in). Thinking of going with the 5 as its a better build and has that nice second scroller. Just wondering if anyone has any mice from the R.A.T series and can shed some light if they are any good or not from experience, or what you'd recommend instead?

Thanks a bunch.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
Yes i have a R.A.T 7 and its a excellent mouse i have it set perfectly to my hand, it might look a bit ugly but its so ergonomic its insane. The totally custom dpi settings and the precision aim is a brilliant touch ive had mine almost 12 months now and i have`nt had any issues and there is no signs of wear on the mouse or on the braided usb cable. The mouse wheel is quite hefty and doesnt feel cheap like many mice and the 2 side buttons are of good quality though the rear one isnt the most easy to hit. you like the horizontal scroll wheel? ive never used it apart from when im bored and need something to mess with. All in all the R.A.T is an excellent mouse and worth the money whatever version you go for.

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
Cool stuff, thanks for the reply its just what I wanted to hear haha. I think the version 5 will do everything I need it to, I think they all look pretty damn awesome myself :p

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I also agree with NMEBowen, i have the Rat 5 and its an awesome mouse, comfortable and responsive, the only critisism i have of it is the red button to drom the DPI for sniping. When i press it its a little uncomfortable to hold. If i had to buy another mouse id go RAT.

Gishank

Bright Spark
I also have a RAT 7 and have had it for over a year too. I agree fully with Bowens statement. Honestly if you do get a RAT then the 7/9 is really the best option, the only difference between them is that the RAT 9 is wireless.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
The biggest benifit the R.A.T 7 has over the 5 is the ergonomics as SmokeDarKnight said his sniper button is uncomftable to press where as mine is where my thumb naturally rests so i only have to use some light pressure to use the button. I would highly recommend spending the £17 and getting the R.A.T 7 which is a bargin at that price seen as i paid £80+ for mine.

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the replies guys that is awesome thanks +rep! I guess i'll go for the RAT 7 after watching a few reviews of it and such, looks worth it! Does anyone have any recommendations on keyboards at all, I am looking into the Microsoft Sidewinder X4, has macro's and then the backlit keys which I mainly need!

Thanks again :)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
The biggest benifit the R.A.T 7 has over the 5 is the ergonomics as SmokeDarKnight said his sniper button is uncomftable to press where as mine is where my thumb naturally rests so i only have to use some light pressure to use the button. I would highly recommend spending the £17 and getting the R.A.T 7 which is a bargin at that price seen as i paid £80+ for mine.

Oh i didn't realise it was improved on the 7, think i might change to that and use the 5 at my work, i find it handy for CAD etc

The adjustable thumb part would make a difference

Last edited:

NMEBowen

Master Poster
Its not so much improved as the whole thumb rest can be altered with the supplied allen key making it longer or shorter or by increasing width. Jordy the sidewinder looks good and is priced well if thats what you like go for it.

Jordyshaw

Bronze Level Poster
To be honest I've had my eye on that keyboard for some time and it seems to be the best for my liking :) Just need to sort a headset out now!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
Build quality wise and excellent customer support id have to recomment the corsair vengence 1500 headset though £69 might be a little more than your looking to spen. otherwise the SENNHEISER PC 320 at £62 or the MadCatz TRITTON AX 180 at £52.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
The razer taipan is ambidextrous and razer also do a left handed version of the death adder, other than those im sure theres plenty of other ambidextrous mice but the R.A.T is definatly not one trying to use it left handed as i post this tells me stick to being a righty.