cyper power link DVD

oscar45

my new pc had this app installed when I open it it asks for serial number. I had assumed it was part of the deal do I have to purchase it?

Last edited:

oscar45

Just read it and it says “with software”. will the serial number be somewhere on the pc? Or have I mislaid a disc somewhere?

Attachments

• IMG_5655.PNG
    IMG_5655.PNG
    515.4 KB · Views: 28

oscar45

No help they say they cannot supply me with a serial number. Suggested I take the side of the case off to see if it in on the side of the burner. I do not want to do that. Why have I paid for a DVD burner with no software. !

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No help they say they cannot supply me with a serial number. Suggested I take the side of the case off to see if it in on the side of the burner. I do not want to do that. Why have I paid for a DVD burner with no software. !
Normally a DVD burner wouldn't come with licensed software anyway, only a demo program that you then have to by a license for it you want to use.

I would suggest that's the case here, PCS aren't given any codes for it, it's down to the user to buy a license direct from CyberLink

But there are free burner programs out there including from CyberLInk which you may want to check out if you don't want to purchase a license

oscar45

Thanks Spider Tracks. I have already decided that I will use an alternate one . I have downloaded Ashampoo. I also have handbrake and VLC on my PC 👍
I rarely use a DVD player but like to have one for old family movies.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks Spider Tracks. I have already decided that I will use an alternate one . I have downloaded Ashampoo. I also have handbrake and VLC on my PC 👍
I rarely use a DVD player but like to have one for old family movies.
I've used Ashampoo for other bits of software over the years, they're decent, hope it does what you need.