Days in Test

SimMou

Can anyone advise what is normal for the time spent testing. My “being built” stage was only a couple of hours after 20 days in “Pre-production” but it’s now been “Testing” for 2.5 days with no reports or issues noted. This seems inordinately long.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can anyone advise what is normal for the time spent testing. My “being built” stage was only a couple of hours after 20 days in “Pre-production” but it’s now been “Testing” for 2.5 days with no reports or issues noted. This seems inordinately long.
Testing is usually 24hours but if they find an issue then that has to be corrected and it goes back through testing again.

That being said, if they’d found an issue I would expect there to be a note on your account about it. I’d contact them via web chat tomorrow morning after 9am and just see what’s going on.

You can find web chat on a desktop browser on the very bottom right of the contact us page.

SimMou

Unfortunately PCS are being far from helpful. Four and a half working days in test now. No notes attached to the order. Phoned and was told there was a difficulty configuring Windows. Had an email to say they were short of testers. Best estimate was “as soon as we can”. Could anything be more frustrating or useless than “as soon as we can”? Anyone else experiencing this long “test” phase? I was told to expect 24 hours.

Bronze Level Poster
PCS are being absolutely snails at the moment... Covid isn't even an excuse as they have their fast-track back up and online.

Bronze Level Poster
PCS logic: Order goes into "awaiting dispatch" at 08:45 this morning... Order doesnt get dispatched

PCS: "Good job guys"

Roberttonkiss874

Silver Level Poster
PCS logic: Order goes into "awaiting dispatch" at 08:45 this morning... Order doesnt get dispatched

PCS: "Good job guys"
Just out of interest did you by any chance add Saturday delivery thinking you might get it last Saturday if so they’ll hold it till Friday to dispatch so it will arrive on Saturday

Bronze Level Poster
The complete timeline is as follows

Thursday 6th: Order goes into build and then into test mid-afternoon

Thursday night: I upgrade to saturday delivery thinking it would be all passed testing and sent out in the last batch on Friday

Friday 7th: I contact livechat to ask for an update around noon. Turns out there was a problem with the RAM and it wouldnt be dispatched Friday. So i remove Saturday delivery at noon on Friday.

Today: Order went into "awaiting dispatch" and around 3pm i contacted livechat and was told that it would be dispatched "this afternoon"

It wasn't

Bronze Level Poster
On a side note: Literally how are DPD short-staffed? Unemployment is super high right now and you'd think they'd be looking to take advantage of it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
On a side note: Literally how are DPD short-staffed? Unemployment is super high right now and you'd think they'd be looking to take advantage of it.
Lols, you'd have to ask DPD about that. A lot of people aren't actually able to work as they're high risk.

Why do you think unemployment across the board is so high? Companies aren't making enough money so have made cut backs across the board.

Just because there are people out of work doesn't mean companies have the money to employ them.... come on, this is just basic understanding of the worlds economy at the moment.

Bronze Level Poster
Here is the full conversation

Conversation
Alex joined the chat
Alex
3:19 PM
hiya! Was just wondering if there was an update for my pc waiting for dispatch. My order number is ________and my full name and address is Alex ________ ________ ________ Edinburgh ________
Alice joined the chat
Alice
3:21 PM
Hi Alex
Alex
3:21 PM
Hello
Alice
3:22 PM
Your order will be dispatched this afternoon, any time before 6pm is normal
Alex
3:23 PM
Perfect! I was told by a guy this morning that orders stop being dispatched around 4 :/ I am glad this isnt the case
Alice
3:24 PM
Sorry about the confusion, 4pm is the typical dispatch time but they continue being dispatched until they're all gone
Alex
3:26 PM
perfect cheers 🙂 I probably wont sleep tonight, im so excited!
Alice
3:26 PM
Christmas came early!
Alex
3:27 PM
it did indeed!

I've been working on a terrible apple macbook pro 13 inch from 2012 for the last 7 years!

This will be a major upgrade
Alice
3:31 PM
I understand the pain, I also have one from 2013! Thankfully I have a separate one for work though

Is there anything else I can help you with?
Alex
3:31 PM
No no thats all for today! Thank you very much!

Roberttonkiss874

Silver Level Poster
Omg I hope it’s not that they’ve got something against Scots cause mines will be making its way to Auld Reekie when it’s out of testing( only been there since late this afternoon) and is finally dispatched

D

Deleted member 17413

This is why I phone them and use email..
At any point did you ask her to actually check with the dispatch department and get them to make sure it went this afternoon?
When I made a similar call the bloke messaged down and got confirmation from the dispatch crew to guarantee it would go that afternoon.

To me, you've just been given the general reply about how it works...rather than the individual status of your own.

Bronze Level Poster
In all honesty, as much as i am frustrated that it wasn't dispatched today... good things come to those who wait. If it hasnt been dispatched tomorrow then i'll be a tad more assertive in finding out when it will be dispatched.

SimMou

Just out of interest did you by any chance add Saturday delivery thinking you might get it last Saturday if so they’ll hold it till Friday to dispatch so it will arrive on Saturday
No I didn’t do that. I’m due to collect when it’s ready. I’m supposed to get an email to advise when it is but heard nothing. Now five full working days on Test and still no progress report or notes added to the order.

i was in two minds to even bother adding to the forum comments as im still in 2 minds. I think the issue for me was that when i ordered the customer PC, it was quoting around 15-17 days if i recall correctly, which i was comfortable with. I accept that i made a few changes to the spec but that shouldn't be a delay issue. All in it took 26 working days to be sent, only for it to be DOA and have a damaged case. Now i have no idea what caused the DOA, the case damage wasnt too bad but it could have take a good knock inside. RMA added another 9 days to the process.

I think for me its about communication, even if its bad news about delays. it seems the only time to get an update is when you make some noise. Communication is key, radio silence is not.

one a side note, i dealt with Alice also and found her very helpful, i was on the verge of cancelling but Alice sorted a few issues out and things went a bit smoother. Im happy with the PC i have now, but repeat business is probably going to be a no for me.

Last edited: