Dead pixel on my Samsung SyncMaster S24A450B 24"

jonbam

Enthusiast
Hi

My Samsung SyncMaster S24A450B 24" has a dead pixel in the centre of the screen.

Its very hard to see on a white background.

Samsung SyncMaster S24A450B 24" - 1920 x 1080, 5MS, DVI-D (£179)

It's one year & 8 months old.

My graphics card is a 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready.

If I buy a new monitor which has a hdmi port, will I be able to plug a hdmi cable from my new monitor into my graphics card?

What advantages does a hdmi cable have over using a DVI cable?

thanks

Jonathan

jonbam

Enthusiast
I am looking on another website at a Samsung SyncMaster S24C450B - LED monitor - 24"

and it says it has a Manufacturer Warranty of 3 years?
Would one dead pixel be covered?

thanks
Jonathan

Rakk

The Awesome

Generally dead pixels are only covered if it is more than one (there will be a number - probably something like 5 (guesswork here)), one dead pixel is generally not covered by any warranty (one dead pixel is only covered if you buy a dead pixel warranty which is not available for most monitors afaik))

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I am looking on another website at a Samsung SyncMaster S24C450B - LED monitor - 24"

thanks
Jonathan

You should check the manufacturers website for their policy on dead pixels but Rakk has mentioned what the standard practice is.

steaky360

I'd agree with Keynes and Rakk, unfortunately its unlikely the single dead pixel is covered. As Keynes suggested, check - look specifically for Dead Pixels (its usually mentioned somewhere).

jonbam

Enthusiast
8+ dead pixels

The dead pixel warranty applies when your TFT-LCD/LED/PDP & Monitors contains more than 7 dead pixels within the standard warranty period of your TFT-LCD Monitor which SAMSUNG will exchange the LCD panel/module, provided that the defective unit is returned to SAMSUNG complete with full accessories and original packaging.

Last edited:

Androcles

Rising Star
8+ dead pixels

The dead pixel warranty applies when your TFT-LCD/LED/PDP & Monitors contains more than 7 dead pixels within the standard warranty period of your TFT-LCD Monitor which SAMSUNG will exchange the LCD panel/module, provided that the defective unit is returned to SAMSUNG complete with full accessories and original packaging.

Sounds about right, it's a given that there's a high chance of up to a certain percentage of pixels on any monitor being dead and thus dead pixels aren't covered under warranty, usually companies will supply you with a separate pixel warranty which will cover you if over a certain percentage or number of pixels are dead.