Death Stranding

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I do have it. Both versions.

Capture.JPG

It's an odd game, but I quite liked it. It's frustrating in places, but not too difficult.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I'm gradually working out some of the story line, and working out how things work
I'm taking some time away from it and will be giving the Director's Cut version a go at some point in the future. I believe there's some tweaks in the story and some of the gameplay mechanics are a little different from the original.

Will be curious to see how you get on with it!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'm gradually working out some of the story line, and working out how things work
Just to warn you, this is a Hideo Kojima game. This man loooooves a long cutscene (usually unskippable) that has a lot of dialogue but doesn’t provide a particularly useful amount of story exposition.

The game is quite fun, in its own way. It’s a post apocalyptic DPD simulator, with a progression of amusingly tall backpacks to wear.

I still don’t understand what it was all about, though.

smallkube

Silver Level Poster
I'm currently playing this having got it free on epic. I'm probably about half to two thirds of the way through and i'm really enjoying it. It is very cutscene heavy at the start (and i'm guseeing will be again at the end) but that eases off when you reach episode three and can start picking and choosing what you do more. The game really opens up at that point.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm currently playing this having got it free on epic. I'm probably about half to two thirds of the way through and i'm really enjoying it. It is very cutscene heavy at the start (and i'm guseeing will be again at the end) but that eases off when you reach episode three and can start picking and choosing what you do more. The game really opens up at that point.
I'm on episode 2 at the minute

smallkube

Silver Level Poster
Episode two is your orientation, and indeed orienteering orientation, section. After that you get a lot more freedom to choose between story progression and side missions. There's a lot to do and most of it comes with tangible benefits. It also allows you to choose your play style, which is nice. I'm in it for relaxation so i've become a sneaker and avoider as much as possible.