Defiance 15.6 Ordered

spacyuk

Hi all

New customer to PCS here just signing in while I wait for my new laptop, here's the specs I ended up with.

Chassis & Display Defiance Series: 15.6" Matte 3K IPS LED Widescreen (2880x1620)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4720HQ (2.60GHz, 3.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X IMPACT 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M - 3.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
mSATA/M.2 SSD Drive 500GB Crucial MX200 M.2 2280 SSD (upto 555MB/sR | 500MB/sW)
Memory Card Reader Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Def. Audio + MIC/Headphone + SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3
Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-7265 M.2 (867Mbps, 802.11AC) + BLUETOOTH
Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE
USB Options 4 x USB 3.0 PORTS (1 x POWERED, 1 e-SATA COMBINED)
Battery Defiance Series 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (60WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x UK Power Lead & 180W AC Adaptor
Keyboard Language DEFIANCE SERIES BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Operating System Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Windows 10 Upgrade FREE Upgrade to Windows 10 with all Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 Purchases
DVD Recovery Media Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365
Dead Pixel Guarantee 30 Day Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage Costs
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 4 to 6 working days
Promotional Item FREE DYING LIGHT DIGITAL VOUCHER with GTX 965M / 970M / 980M GRAPHICS!

I have another 480gb Crucial SSD to join the m.2 drive. the laptop is only for gaming at 1080p / Working remotely on Servers and Citrix hence the requirement for a bit more desktop space with the 3K screen.

Will post a few first impressions when it arrives, its been a bit held up over the Easter holidays (top marks to PCS for leaving me a voicemail to let me know!) so the wait is killing me.

sean2mush

I have ordered a Defiance 15.6 as well, Currently showing in 'preproduction' for me. My spec is pretty similar although I choose the smaller display. I will be interested in hear your opinions of the laptop, once you get it.

spacyuk

My laptop has arrived! First impressions of the build quality are very good. having some wireless issues between the 7265 card and my BT Home Hub so ill post up a proper review once I have resolved that. I'm loving the 3K screen so far. plenty of desktop space if you have good eyesight lol.

spacyuk

Well I have sorted out my Wifi issues (bt home hub at fault) and had a good chance to test the laptop out. I'm very happy with the temperatures I am seeing when on a long gaming session the GPU and CPU both sit around 65 - 70c and the laptop isn't as loud as I thought it would be with the fans running.

I play a strange selection of games so with the 3K panel its nice that I can enjoy most of my games at this resolution and the 970m seems to perform fantastically (Forged Alliance, Wreckfest, Fifa15, CS, Insurgency etc) I will obliviously switch down to 1080p for newer titles but overall im really happy with it.

The only negatives I can find are a very small amount of blacklight bleed on the screen and it would be nice if the audio / usb ports where on the other side of the laptop away from any external mouse.