Defiance 3 backlit keyboard customisation no longer working

Animal_79

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all,

I got a new defiance 3 just before Christmas and although the backlit keyboard wasn't a reason for choosing the laptop (and isn't really that important to me), it was quite a cool gimmick to play around with.

I accessed the customisation options by using the function (Fn) key shortcut but can't remember the same of the software which controls it.

I started to notice a couple of weeks ago that my colour selections that I had chosen didn't activate until a few minutes after the laptop had finished booting up - when first turned on they would start at the default blue across the full keyboard - however a week or so ago the custom selection stopped activating completely and the function shortcut no longer works (i.e. the menu which it used to open no longer opens at all).

I can't find the name of the software used anywhere on the machine and can't work it out from looking at any of the driver settings.

I'm happy to reinstall if I have accidentally deleted the drivers or something but am not really sure what I'm looking for.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

I hope that all if this makes sense. I've only got a basic understanding of how everything works and so probably won't understand anything too technical...

Many thanks in advance,

B