Defiance Fingerprint Scanner

I got my new Defiance 15.6" laptop delivered this morning and it has been fantastic and easy to set up so far, apart from I can't get the fingerprint scanner to work. At first, it showed up in Device Manager but the "Biometric Devices" section of control panel just wasn't there. I read a little online and that suggested to uninstall the device with the driver then scan for hardware to hopefully install it again. This worked and the control panel section popped up but it is now saying there is no program that can be used to manage the fingerprint data.

It is the EgisTec ES603 biometric device on the Clevo P650SG model running Windows 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

After playing around a bit more, I now have it working after downloading BioExcess, however this is just a trial version. Should there not be specific software like this that comes with the laptop? Or does anybody else know of anywhere I can get software like this for free?

LFFPicard

Godlike
Did you not get a software disc in your welcome pack for it?
If not maybe try logging into the PCS website and in your account section check the driver downloads.

Hope this helps!

No disk drive in my Defiance so had to put it into my old laptop and copy the Fingerprint folder over. That folder only had drivers in it which didn't help.

Went onto my account section on the PCS website and downloaded the zip folder from there. That had a version of BioExcess in it (I assume a full version rather than the trial I had before) however this version kept crashing and had the error "Couldnt detect fingerprint sensor" during the initial setup. Installing the drivers from this folder resulted in windows not even recognising the device and it showing up as "Unknown Device" in Device Manager.

Very frustrating that this was not simply working when I unpacked the laptop.