Defiance III Display

Alonzo

Hello

I have a Defiance III 15" laptop with the normal 1080P display but want the 3k display as an upgrade.

Can you guys supply me the 3k display to fit or know where I can purchase one which will fit into the chassis that holds the display??

Thanks in advance

Jay

Rakk

The Awesome
Have you checked out the upgrades section of the main PCS website (you'll need to log in for it to be visible)?

Do note that most of the people on these forums do not work for PCS (and that includes the mods) so your question may not be seen by any PCS staff, so if you can't find it in the upgrades section and/or no-one else can verify that they've done that you may need to call/email them to get a response.

Alonzo

Thanks for your help Rakk!

I understand that but just seeing if anyone knew where they get there supply of 3k displays so I could purchase one and do it myself.

Cant really find any leads searching the net so thought I'd come here and ask the question.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Thanks for your help Rakk!

I understand that but just seeing if anyone knew where they get there supply of 3k displays so I could purchase one and do it myself.

Cant really find any leads searching the net so thought I'd come here and ask the question.

No idea if you would get the native display supported - don't know for example if there'd be any differences in the hardware driving the screens but a bigger problem would be the warranty...why bother?

Alonzo

No idea if you would get the native display supported - don't know for example if there'd be any differences in the hardware driving the screens but a bigger problem would be the warranty...why bother?

Well I would of thought you would of got the native support as I've got the GTX1070 Graphics Card which can output 4k as I've tested it. There could be slight differences to drive the screen which I don't know that's why I've asked the question.

Well my company bought the laptop for me and I gave them the spec that I needed a res bigger then 1080p as I do touch panel designs and programming for AV room integration and some of the touch panels are 1080p which makes it difficult to design as you have to keep zooming in and out all the time which is annoying and slows you down.

Ohh well I might just buy another one for myself that has the 3k display.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
You have to remember it's a laptop not a desktop so with that in mind:

The connectors may be different between the screen and motherboard - they don't plug directly into the graphics card on standard VGA/DVI connectors, remember;
Remember you are at least trebling the pixel density - that means the drivers that supply things such as the voltage and current may be different;
The mountings for the screens may be subtly different;
Would the company that purchased it for you be happy with you invalidating the warranty?;

It's fair to say the first three are if's and maybe's but assuming that the panel would drop straight in and the company don't care about the warranty, why not open yours up to get the model of the screen and then Google the alternatives?

Of just ask PCS if they would have it back for an upgrade?