Defiance no longer allowing RTX 2070

Whirly123

Bronze Level Poster
The option is no longer listed in the dropdown. Just wanted to check that this is just a stock issue and if so when new stock will likely appear.

Whirly123

Bronze Level Poster
To updat people PCS response was:

"Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, we don’t yet know if we’ll be getting any new stock of that particular configuration as the Nvidia 30 series has replaced the 20 series."

This is somewhat disappointing. The 2060 is not powerful enough and the price point of the 2080 is significantly higher. The 3000 series on laptops might not be available for 6 months (we don't even have a confirmed date yet and they have not even been seen). Oh well, exciting for the 3000 series anyway!

FerrariVie

Super Star
What? That doesn't seem like a correct response. The laptop 30 series was not even announced for laptops, how come it already replaced the 20? I think that whoever replied that to you didn't know what they're talking about. The 30 series will be probably announced in the next couple of months, but I don't expect them to be widely available anytime soon (the desktop ones are still hard to find)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What? That doesn't seem like a correct response. The laptop 30 series was not even announced for laptops, how come it already replaced the 20? I think that whoever replied that to you didn't know what they're talking about. The 30 series will be probably announced in the next couple of months, but I don't expect them to be widely available anytime soon (the desktop ones are still hard to find)
It's not that simple on laptops.

Where I'm not sure they were accurate in saying the GPU's themselves may not be replaced, the GPU's come as part of the chassis, so it's possible they're not restocking any of that particular chassis, perhaps because of production issues from Clevo, who knows.

But given the answer they told you, I would definitely try asking the same question from another rep just to make sure.

Gavras

Master Poster
The inclusion of RTX 3000 series cards is believed to be announced at CES 2021, which is end January.

Apparently there have been various leaks about these cards, there was one about 3060 with 6gb, accuracy of the leaks, pass.

FerrariVie

Super Star
The inclusion of RTX 3000 series cards is believed to be announced at CES 2021, which is end January.

Apparently there have been various leaks about these cards, there was one about 3060 with 6gb, accuracy of the leaks, pass.
I'm expecting them to be announced in there as well, but it doesn't mean that they will ship the cards on laptops straight away on that date. It should take a few months before they're widely available.

It might be a manufacturing or supply chain issue, as @SpyderTracks said. I don't believe that they will stop selling something for a few months (that clearly still has market), just to wait for the new cards to be available.

Gavras

Master Poster
I'm expecting them to be announced in there as well, but it doesn't mean that they will ship the cards on laptops straight away on that date. It should take a few months before they're widely available.

It might be a manufacturing or supply chain issue, as @SpyderTracks said. I don't believe that they will stop selling something for a few months (that clearly still has market), just to wait for the new cards to be available.
Or one of the reasons for the shortage of full size PC Cards, has been due to building up laptop stock.

Also if the previous cards use same components as the new cards and there is a global shortage of these components, do you use them for old or new cards?