Defiance or Iconio

tainerballs

Hi Guys,

struggling to decide between the defiance 3080 (i assume 80watt) and the iconio 3070 (i have read the full 125watt)

from a pure gaming perspective which would have better performance, i have been searching for 3080 80watt benchmarks but cant find any specifically for that wattage of GPU,

help please :)

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
i asked for the zen3 cpu
and they answered the second half of march

but i don't have more detail ^^"

kshina

I am in the same dilemma.

I'm assuming if below is true then 3070 would perform better due to the watt but PCS will need to clarify what Wattage consumption it is. Not sure its worth paying the extra for it

3080 (i assume 80watt) and the iconio 3070 (i have read the full 125watt)

I am leaning towards the defiance due to higher battery size and Clevo chassis. Read here that Ionico Tongfong chassis has thermal issues and can get very hot

I read here there is long wait for AMD here?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Unfortunately its hard to say at the moment as these laptops are only just going out regarding the first batch of orders, however if you keep an eye on this thread, we are trying to encourage people getting and reviewing their new laptops to take part in this survey (started by @FerrariVie ) so that people can look at comparing benchmarks:

tainerballs

If i'm not wrong, the amd cpu laptop will go out next week (or the next one), so, if you can, you should wait ^^
Yea I'm not in an immediate hurry (well I am but even pre-builts to the spec I want are out of stock everywhere so don't have A choice) :)

Also very interested in an AMD CPU config, I wasn't aware they were even coming out soon so that's good news

tainerballs

A slightly off topic question, have they stopped taking orders for the iconio ? Even to join the queue? I keep getting the message : this is currently out of stock and expected re stock is XXXX but no option to continue with the order ? I would be happy to order and join the queue but don't seem to be able to do that ?

Macco26

Expert
A slightly off topic question, have they stopped taking orders for the iconio ? Even to join the queue? I keep getting the message : this is currently out of stock and expected re stock is XXXX but no option to continue with the order ? I would be happy to order and join the queue but don't seem to be able to do that ?
If I try to order now it shows this:

Please note that the following products are not currently in stock and will delay your order. Please select an alternative product:​
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1 (ETA: 15-04-2021)

And if you asks for RTX 3060, same ETA applies. So in the end the 22 March 2021 expected date is fake. And they might not even be sure about the 15th april date, so might have closed preorders...

I see they're now taking orders for 11th gen Intel CPU laptops (although not on the gaming range yet) , so maybe the Ionico chassis will be upgraded appropriately before they go on sale again, presuming the first batch has gone? Complete speculation on my part, obviously.

Macco26

Expert
Uhm.. Tongfang has promised Tigerlake H45 (8 cores 10nm) to other sellers at some point in 2nd quarter, but I don't know if so early like April..