Defiance Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 driver/software issues

McNutter

Hi there,

I recently took delivery of a brilliant Defiance 15.6" gaming nutter laptop. It's great and I have no issues with the hardware what-so-ever. I couldn't be happier with what was delivered but I'm having issues with the sound drivers / software (not for the first time with Creative sound cards). There's two sound devices in the device manager after my format and re-install of windows 8.1 and the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB 3 software can't detect it's own device. A pic of the issue is attached.

sbx.gif

The sound works but I don't like to leave issues like this on a very expensive new laptop. The trial version of Windows 8.1 for testing only that shipped with the laptop was setup perfectly and never had this issue so there is a solution.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I'll post benchmarks and a full review after this issue is solved.

Kind regards.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The creative X-Fi MB3 software is just that, it's a sound processing software suite, not a driver. You don't have a creative soundcard, you'll have separate drivers (probably realtek) that need to be installed BEFORE installing the creative MB3 software. You also need to make sure it's the latest sound drivers from Clevo rather than from the PCS downloads page or your DVD you got with the laptop.