Defiance XS II

Lavaridge

I'm very tempted by the new Defiance XS II, but a couple of forum reviews suggest its temerature regulation is abysmal. Those were for the previous Defiance version though, so I was wondering if there was a good reason to expect this newer model will be an improvement?

Gaming-wise I don't expect to be playing anything more demanding than Stellaris or Civ V, mainly it will be a productivity laptop, but I want the option of gaming and 3D rendering on occasion without it damaging itself or becoming super-loud. Especially at near-idle load it's important that the machine isn't a distraction to me or others if I'm working in a public place.

Also, could you tell me which model screen the laptop uses? I care a lot about the quality of the screen so it would be good to have a model number I can look up.

Finally, does anybody know what happens when Linux comes into contact with a this kind model of RGB-backlit keyboard? I'm happy for it to get stuck at the default settings as long as the defaults are all one colour and not the rainbow pattern shown in the photos!

Last edited: