del

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
i think u need to upgrade the psu may be try to get the 1050watts corsair as it will gives u more juice :)

Rakk

The Awesome
Intel i7 2600k (3.4GHZ)
Were you planning on overclocking at some point, if not (or if only light overclocking) you could easily drop down to the i7-2600 (the k variants are really meant for overclockers)
If you are thinking about overclocking you may want to consider the Kingston 1600MHz RAM.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
you will only get 2GB memory, not 4GB because it doesnt make use of the memory from the second card

Rakk

The Awesome
do you think icould have any issues running the 2 6970s?or would it just be the same as running a single graphics card (sorry its my first build)

As long as you have a big enough power supply it should be fine (the configurator recommends 1050W).

tom_gr7

Life Serving
go for the two 6970's dude, the 6990 is very hard to get hold off, due to worldwide shortages. Also two 6970's outperform a 6990. One other thing if something went wrong with the 6990 it may take some time to get a replaced due to the shortage.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
my choice is the GTX 580 and most ratings say its better than 1 6970, athough probably not better than 2, but if you can afford 2 580s, that is the way to go

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i havent got it yet.. many people have 580s though and it is supposed to be the best card available, getting the best benchmarks in the bf3 alpha