Delay

Robm

Had call today from PCS and was told Corsair 600t White Case is out of stock, will be 10 day delay, would I like to change the case (No) that’s what I want, was told it will still be here for Xmas mmmmmmm needs to be or I will cancel the order. Srry, just bit down was hoping for it sooner.....

niklad

I'm sorry to hear that big man. Means it'll be an irritating wait. Hope you get it before xmas. My computer has been dispatched today and i also went for the 600t white case. I'll post a review with pics of it as there doesn't seem to be one on the PCS website. (it may make you excited as you wait for yours!! - the waiting sucks, i had to wait 9 working days and it was long enough!!)

Robm

Look forward to seeing your pic's & review. yes waiting is a pain, bigger pain when theres a delay, all will be forgiven if get gets to me before xmas, must say this is my 2nd system from PCS last one still running great after 6 years....

steaky360

Assuming there are no other further delays, your PC could still be dispatched before Christmas. Did you mention your concerns to them when they called? Just wondering what their response was regarding that.

Robm

Did not talk about my concerns, they phone me, told me about the delay. he (PCS) said there was no Corsair 600t case's but said I would still get it for xmas, so have taken his word for that......
I will phone up next week and see what PCS has to say. If i'm to get it after xmas then best to cancel, as I know for sure I will be able to get more for my money or same less money. its not about that, its about having it for Xmas thats all I wont.

Did not talk about my concerns, they phone me, told me about the delay. he (PCS) said there was no Corsair 600t case's but said I would still get it for xmas, so have taken his word for that......
I will phone up next week and see what PCS has to say. If i'm to get it after xmas then best to cancel, as I know for sure I will be able to get more for my money or same less money. its not about that, its about having it for Xmas thats all I wont.

I got this case with my system last month, it is well worth the wait. Although my wife thinks it looks like an air conditioning unit!

Although the front USB3 connector is a bit pants as it is just really an extension so so have to plug it in to the rear using up a free USB3 socket on the back. But I gather this is down to Corsair, not PCS.

S

Last edited:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I'm not sure how quickly you could do it but is there any chance of ordering the case from elsewhere and having it delivered straight to PCS? They may only be approved to use certain suppliers that they have contracts with so they might not be able to just go onto amazon and purchase a case as it'll probably be more expensive than what they normally pay.

Might be worth ringing them and asking if you can buy one yourself and have it delivered to them and then the money from the original case refunded into your account. Might be quicker than they get stock.

Robm

I'm not sure how quickly you could do it but is there any chance of ordering the case from elsewhere and having it delivered straight to PCS? They may only be approved to use certain suppliers that they have contracts with so they might not be able to just go onto amazon and purchase a case as it'll probably be more expensive than what they normally pay.

Might be worth ringing them and asking if you can buy one yourself and have it delivered to them and then the money from the original case refunded into your account. Might be quicker than they get stock.

Don’t think that would work, could become very messy, if they get the case and its damaged also would be problem with warranty.
But was an idea, thanks

Spoke to PCS today no Corsair 600t case until 17th Dec, so that mean’s I will not get it before xmas. They tried to get me to take another case again. Said no to that, again.
I talked about cancelling the system, he told me how good PCS products are and are very good value for money. He said they will put in games pack?,,,,, that was not even worth asking what that is, It has no value to me at all. I did mention upgrading one item, would have cost them £19. He gave me a yes maybe answer.
Left me thinking,, I need to be cancelling this computer. if not getting before xmas, can look around after for deals.. See how I feel about this Monday morning.

Last edited:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
PCS do have an option when choosing your case to send one of your own in so I wouldn't say it was the messy. Like you said, it might cause an issue with warranty but you'd normally get warranty from the case manufacturer anyway.

It really is a shame to hear about your delay, PCS are normally very good and they've obviously just got stock levels wrong in the run up to christmas. It is worth the wait and I personally didn't find another company that rivalled them. The other slightly cheaper companies just didn't seem to offer the same service and had far too many dodgy reviews. Plus having no discussion board to talk about your concerns was always a big put off. Don't know what I would have done without these forums while waiting for my order!

Robm

Right, it's pretty black and white now, yes or no, my gut tells me just wait, and don’t think about it too much as its very disappointing.
I do thank all for the advice. And I’m sure I will let you know how pleased, I’m with it.

Last edited: