Deleted

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not sure how accurate this is but these are the "alleged" details for the upcoming 4070:

Didn't realise the card was coming on the 13th...I really need to start doing more reading!
There's a good video by Coreteks on it here, he goes into competing products at the same price point:

Note the 6900XT from AMD is around the same price NEW, and absolutely destroys the 4070 from a hardware perspective.

CMP01

Enthusiast
There's a good video by Coreteks on it here, he goes into competing products at the same price point:

Note the 6900XT from AMD is around the same price NEW, and absolutely destroys the 4070 from a hardware perspective.

Basically, 4070 vs 6900XT is 3080 vs 3090, more or less. More, I'll take the higher VRAM cap over maybe better RT that needs backing up with DLSS every time... especially if cheaper and given it's looking like more VRAM will be a necessity for more games far sooner than RT/DLSS will be implemented across that range. Imho another mis-step for Nvidia, this... not that it'll do them any wrong in the long run.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Basically, 4070 vs 6900XT is 3080 vs 3090, more or less. More, I'll take the higher VRAM cap over maybe better RT that needs backing up with DLSS every time... especially if cheaper and given it's looking like more VRAM will be a necessity for more games far sooner than RT/DLSS will be implemented across that range. Imho another mis-step for Nvidia, this... not that it'll do them any wrong in the long run.
I'm very much in the same camp. And while it's clear AMD are not as good as Nvidia with RT and DLSS, they are closing the gap.

We saw a similar thing with freesync Vs gsync where freesynv became just as good as.

I have high hopes AMD will close this gap further with FSR3 due soon.