Deleted

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’m going to throw a couple of left field choices in here to put the berk amongst the pigeons.

Joan Baez’s Diamonds and Rust being covered by Judas Priest:

The Mike Flowers Pops doing Wonderwall:

And The Dickies punking up Nights in White Satin by The Moody Blues:

Honourable (but less obscure) mentions:

I Will Always Love You - Dolly Parton / Whitney Houston

With a Little Help From My Friends - The Beatles / Joe Cocker

Hallelujah- Leonard Cohen / Jeff Buckley

Tainted Love - Gloria Jones / Soft Cell

Superstar - The Carpenters / Sonic Youth

Cracking idea for a thread, @CountingDown , I feel like this could be a pretty deep well! 👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've been thinking long and hard about this one

Then it dawned on me!

Easy (Like Sunday Morning) - The Faith No More cover. Love this, they knew it wasn't something they could ever better, so they didn't really change anything, just put their own mark on it. It reinvigorated the song among my generation. Such a great track. The original was of course by the Commodores in 1977 although it was really fully produced by Lionel Richie, with the band as backing singers.

Original - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saaLW0jiiUE

All Along The Watchtower - The Jimi Hendrix version. A lot of people don't realise this was originally a Dylan song.

You don't need a link to the Jimi version.

Original -

Killing Me Softly - Fugees version. I know it got played to death and unfortunately became a bit of a meme, but it's still an incredible track. I think the original deserved a lot more attention that it got actually, done by Lori Lieberman in 1972

We don't need the Fugees version

Original -

Age of Love - Jam and Spoon Watch Out For Stella Remix. Widely regarded as the birth of trance in 1990, still an all out classic

Adagio For Strings - Tiesto Remix, back when Tiesto was actually original and didn't just produce populist trash, this was such a gutsy tune, the original being by Barber in 1936. Tiesto used to reference a lot of classical in his early work, and I think that's what made it so special, it's a shame he lost that link.

Original - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3MHeNt6Yjs

This Is A Mans Mans Mans World - James Brown (Soul On Top version with the Louie Bellson Orchestra), this is such a great version with a different timing and a bit more zest to it, only recently discovered this one and it totally blew me away

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dance, Trance, Drum N Bass, Hardstyle tend to be my go-to music so here's a selection of some of my favourite remixes, mixes and bootlegs...for some reason every single time I just try to insert a YT web address in the post, it just says video unavailable so I am having to put in text links:

The Age Of Love (Charlotte de Witte & Enrico Sangiuliano Remix)

Signum Feat. Scott Mac - Coming On Strong (Bo Bellow Vs. Euphoriah Remix)

Linkin Park - In The End (Markus Schulz Tribute Remix) | Live @ Tomorrowland 2017

Y Traxx - Mystery Land (Sickboys Courtyard Mix)

Delerium - Silence (DJ Tiësto's in Search of Sunrise Remix)

These next ones are Hardstyle so may not be everyone's cup of tea but the originals of these are some of my favourite all-time tracks:

Queen - The Show Must Go On (Exhale Hardstyle Bootleg)

Hans Zimmer - Now We Are Free (Gladiator) [MI37 Hardstyle Remix]

Europe - Final Countdown (Ressurectz Hardstyle Bootleg)

Robert Miles - Children (By-U Remix)

The original is in my Top 10 all-time tracks:

Stranger Things - Running Up That Hill (Voidax Hardstyle Bootleg)

This one isn't really a remix, cover or such...however, it is a reworking...Transformers fans might enjoy it:

Zatox - The Cube ( Transformers Tribute )
Some real bangers in there, loving your taste 👍😍

Last edited:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Dance, Trance, Drum N Bass, Hardstyle tend to be my go-to music so here's a selection of some of my favourite remixes, mixes and bootlegs...for some reason every single time I just try to insert a YT web address in the post, it just says video unavailable so I am having to put in text links:

The Age Of Love (Charlotte de Witte & Enrico Sangiuliano Remix)

Signum Feat. Scott Mac - Coming On Strong (Bo Bellow Vs. Euphoriah Remix)

Linkin Park - In The End (Markus Schulz Tribute Remix) | Live @ Tomorrowland 2017

Y Traxx - Mystery Land (Sickboys Courtyard Mix)

Delerium - Silence (DJ Tiësto's in Search of Sunrise Remix)

These next ones are Hardstyle so may not be everyone's cup of tea but the originals of these are some of my favourite all-time tracks:

Queen - The Show Must Go On (Exhale Hardstyle Bootleg)

Hans Zimmer - Now We Are Free (Gladiator) [MI37 Hardstyle Remix]

Europe - Final Countdown (Ressurectz Hardstyle Bootleg)

Robert Miles - Children (By-U Remix)

The original is in my Top 10 all-time tracks:

Stranger Things - Running Up That Hill (Voidax Hardstyle Bootleg)

This one isn't really a remix, cover or such...however, it is a reworking...Transformers fans might enjoy it:

Zatox - The Cube ( Transformers Tribute )
I've just started getting into Phonk which is kind of similar to these, I'd recommend giving them a listen if you've not heard anyting. Kind of like Trap hip hop mixed with electronic hardbass?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
They were interesting...the first one was quite enjoyable to listen to. The second one? If it hadn't had the rapping on top (I assume that's what it was supposed to be anyway....I listened to a minute of it and couldn't make out a single word!), it would have been a really good track...but I've never really been a hip-hop fan, outside of some 90s stuff.
I get you, I'm trying to give the new hip hop genre "conscious" a go, largely with Kendrick Lamar's work as my nephew is obsessed with him and also his latest album went platinum within like 5 minutes so there must be something to his music

But I just don't understand it unfortunately, I'm getting old and I know he relates heavily to people, I'm just at an age where I can't connect to those issues which is a travesty and something I'm not really prepared for.

I bought all his albums on vinyl nevertheless as I'm hoping it's something I'll grow into, but it's not coming easy.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah every now and then I make a concious effort to try and get into new music. I got into Trap metal a while back so the Trap Hip Hop style is something I've developed an ear for. This seems to be taking that trap metal into a eletronic style which is pretty cool. Kordhell who I posted above was the lead guitarist for a black metal band so you get the kind of sinister vibe through a lot of it. Scarlord is pretty decent dont be afraid to pull up the lyrics I'm well used to it being a Deathcore fan

Have to say I like it a lot, there isn't a whole lot I don't like to be honest but I get you can't like everything and this stuff is generally on the fringes for a reason

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah every now and then I make a concious effort to try and get into new music. I got into Trap metal a while back so the Trap Hip Hop style is something I've developed an ear for. This seems to be taking that trap metal into a eletronic style which is pretty cool. Kordhell who I posted above was the lead guitarist for a black metal band so you get the kind of sinister vibe through a lot of it. Scarlord is pretty decent dont be afraid to pull up the lyrics I'm well used to it being a Deathcore fan

Have to say I like it a lot, there isn't a whole lot I don't like to be honest but I get you can't like everything and this stuff is generally on the fringes for a reason
I love discovering new music, and I love it when styles evolve, my favourite artists are the ones that stretch over loads of different genres.

Nu-classical or Post-classical as some describe it where they combine orchestral work with synths and electronics has been such a wonderful discovery for me recently.

I never want to be in a place where I'm only listening to the records I bought when I was younger, always want to be connected to modern stuff so I give it a try wherever I can.