@ActuallyDenz

i see frostpunk 2 is going to be announced on the pc gamer event

looks promising from the steam page

and frostpunk 1 is on sale

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
looks promising from the steam page

and frostpunk 1 is on sale

Wishlisted Frostpunk 2 the day the Steam page went live (naturally!) and I'm liking how it's developed since then

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Yesterday seems to have been the turn of Indie games, smaller games and the like:

Today will obviously be a big interest to a lot of people with Starfield given it's now less than 3 months from launch (6th September)
I'm a big fan of wholesome games as a concept. They're pick up and play, simple controls, either no real story so you can play for as long as you want, or a story you can get through in a couple of sittings. I've added a lot of the games featured on Steam under that particular showcase. I'm closing in a wishlist of 1000 games that I love the idea of, but will almost certainly never own!

Capture.JPG

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I have a wishlist of 3 games on Steam..and one of them actually released 3 years ago. It's rare for me to play true Indie titles or smaller games..and when I do, it generally tends to be Game Pass games. My current games wishlist only consists of 3 games: Starfield, Forza Motorsport and TDU: Solar Crown...although it's not including ones that are still several years away such as Mass Effect 4 (technically, it is Mass Effect 5 as there have already been 4 of them)
Forza Motorsport is a game I'll keep an eye on, but I'm less interested in racing games than most other genres. That said, I tend to prefer the more casual feel of Forza Horizon than a more simulator feel that Motorsport and other series tend to have.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Starfield out 6th September. My birthday is a week later, so that's potentially my birthday gift to myself sorted!

Last edited:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
I'm a big fan of wholesome games as a concept. They're pick up and play, simple controls, either no real story so you can play for as long as you want, or a story you can get through in a couple of sittings. I've added a lot of the games featured on Steam under that particular showcase. I'm closing in a wishlist of 1000 games that I love the idea of, but will almost certainly never own!

View attachment 37263

your wishlist

Impressive GIF - WillFerrell Anchorman MostBadAssThing - Discover ...

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I'm expecting a gorgeous looking world that will feel like it's living and breathing around you. It'll be very immersive. It will, to quote Todd Howard, "just work". Except that certain parts of the world won't work properly and the games will almost certainly need unofficial patches and/or mods to really get the best out of them, just as the likes of Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout 4 have all needed in their time. Starfield could well be something special, but it'll likely need the community to help get it there. The bare bones of what Bethesda put out will be pretty good though.
Yep I would definitely stand by this - it looks absolutely incredible. Part of me is thinking how my RTX3080 and 16GB of RAM will get on, but it works on both the Series S and X, so I know I should be fine.

I'm not going to pre-order (he says!), but I'm relatively confident that I will buy it day one as my birthday gift to myself.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Base game £60, special edition £85. Not overly surprised by those prices anymore.

Capture.JPG

Someone done goofed with the recommended CPU, but otherwise is looking about what I expected

Capture.JPG

A 3600X for CPU choice. Beefy for recommended specs, but that's the way things are heading!

Last edited: