Delivered the wrong machine

Blinky

Hey,

I moved in with my brother recently, don't get the internet in my own room so decided to get a laptop so I can access the internet from other rooms in the flat.

Well, my "laptop" was delivered today, but its the wrong order, it's got someone's PC in the box, no idea who's, as if there's an order reference on the box from DPD, I'm not 100% sure how to locate it.

I've already emailed enquires@pcs as I can't call them today (why did today have to be a training day...), any suggestions as to what I can do?

Blinky

kokabel

Bronze Level Poster
But ringing them really is the only good option, because they can arrange there and then for someone to come and pick up the wrong delivery - after all, some poor person will be out there with the saddest face ever, waiting for their pc, with a single tear sliding down their cheek. Email always takes a lot longer because there's probably a lot of stuff being sent to enquiries daily, same with any of the other email accounts they use.

If you've opened up the box already, there should be a PCS order number attached to the components inside, or on a 'welcome pack'. Giving that number to PCS will help them in figuring out where the wires got crossed.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Must have been mine, where do you live, I'll come and collect it from you.

;)

Nah, whenever you get a free moment, give PCS a ring, I am surprised this happened, it is quite a big messup!

Blinky

Well its a pretty major thing, I've got to make sure its out of the way by wednesday but no one's gonna be around to let them pick it up, and to add to that pcs phones are down for the day so there's nothing I can do til monday. All a bit ridiculous.

@Narcotics, I didn't get a good look at it, I saw that it was a PC and went "That's wrong" and boxed it all back up. It's a huge one, that's all I can say.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
It is very good of you to come on here and admit that, many wouldnt have said anything! good man

ps hope it gets sorted soon.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We will call you on Monday to rectify this asap. Many apologies.

Blinky

Sorry for the unnecessary bump.

I just wanted to say a public thank you to PCS support for the extremely quick solution to this. It's extremely commendable to see you get this sorted so quickly, and I look forward to getting my laptop this weekend.

And if the guy who's missing his PC has read this at all, I hope you look forward to your PC too, cause it'll be in your hands very soon :).

Thanks to everyone who posted here for your support, jokes and assistance, and another big thank you to PCS for coming back so brilliantly to a mistake like this.

Rakk

The Awesome
We're glad you got it sorted :)

Unfortunately sometimes mistakes do happen, but its always good when things are resolved quickly and nicely :)