Delivered: Viper III

chrmcc

Following 3 months of will I / won't I, I went for it. It's gorgeous to look at and plays everything at max. with no issues. Looks good, sounds good, plays good worth every penny. :D:D

Chassis & Display Viper III: 18.4" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2860QM (2.50GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card 2 x 1.5GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M - DirectX® 11 (SLI)
1st Hard Disk 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive SONY BD-5750H 6x BLURAY WRITER & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE (£79)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ HD-Audiophile-Grade Sound External (£79)
Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6230 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
USB Options 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 3 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD

One thing to note, straight out the box on bootup it beeped and powered off after 30 seconds. I rang up the helpline and the helpful chap told me one of the 3 fan cables presumably came undone during shipping and was told to take the fan cover of the bottom and look for cables. Sure enough middle one was off. Popped it back on and all was well.

chrmcc

The finger print logon is a cool trick :)

Attachments

• 20120413_205410.jpg
    20120413_205410.jpg
    648.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 20120413_205342.jpg
    20120413_205342.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 20120413_205301.jpg
    20120413_205301.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 211

chrmcc

Just quick snaps with the phone. Doesn't do it justice but you get the idea

Attachments

• 20120413_205426.jpg
    20120413_205426.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 20120413_205246.jpg
    20120413_205246.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 20120413_205224.jpg
    20120413_205224.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 175

chrmcc

I think they are out of stock now, phew lucky. Imagine being told they are out of stock after 3 months of deliberation

chrmcc

Back in stock due to failed credit agreements. Only 2 though. You gotta get one of these they are beyond belief.

chrmcc

Had this for a couple of weeks now. Thought I'd share... i7-2860QM outrageous ly good. Running Total War Shogun, Hunted, Skyrim on max and its flawless. mega impressed with the latest shogun on ultra, can even go betond ultra and choose another dozen or so options to make it almost realistic! Skyrim and especially Hunted look near life like! It's an awsome thing to have. At a little over 2 grand and 2 weeks in I'm a fan!!! WOW.

chrmcc

Batman Arkham City runs fawlessly maxed out. I got one of those laptop beanbag table things, as it's 18.4" be sure to get the large one. Cool, quiet, a bit heavier than a regular laptop. Oh and the power pacl / transforme is around 4 times the weight and size of my 4 yr old 17" gaming laptop, it is heavy and the chord isn't too long. Meaningless nit picking but thought you should know as it bugs me when I lift the laptop and the mains falls out. You are not supposed to run t in SLI mode without mains. Other than that - it's
amazing :)

Lappygamer

Bronze Level Poster
Looks and sounds awesome m8 !!! Ordering my lappy in a week payday : ).. Can't wait to play shogun 2 !! Wish I could have got 1 of these bad boys you got though! Happy gaming

chrmcc

It really is the dogs danglies :) The equivelant alienware is just over a grand more! The Viper III gives a tiny bit more performance (not noticeable) at 1 grand less. The only difference being the keyboard isnt backlit. And you get to choose the backlit design on the lid! I love it. When they come back in stock get one!!!

Lappygamer

Bronze Level Poster
It sounds awesome m8 could you take some pics of shogun 2 playing on it? Or even better still send the lappy to me I will give it a test run and then send it back !! HONEST lol!!

viper III

hi guys,

proud owner of the viper III 18.4" here, in fact, i got the very last one (after the 2 failed payments) i thought i was outa luck when i was about to get one and they got taken off but luck had it 2 got re-stocked and snapped the last up as soon as i could.

its a beast, anything and everything i could need, perfect, big and awesome.

played MW3 -no lag on full
also hd puts the screen into a new light, best i have seen on a laptop with the death of colour and range the screen displays.

although the only problem i am having is installing and activating the Bluetooth driver as the card wont power on, although i haven't spent long figuring it out i'm sure its easy.

the sound is also good although the bass could have been a little bigger (i figured out how to plug in an external bass and just output the bass output too it) so now it is just... wow :D

i know this isn't the best review but this was never meant to be one so just complementing this and PCS for putting this amazing piece of kit/tool together.

James London

p.s. i hope you don't mind the English, i'm lazy and cba to correct spellings. just a bad habit.

also if anyone wants a copy of any drivers or anything I c0an upload them and send you a link to the files or iso if you prefer, same with the manual (save PCS's valuable time)

James

happy to do anything I can to help.

Benadiction

Bronze Level Poster
Looks fantastic mate, glad you're pleased, how long had you been waiting for it? Have you benchmarked it with 3DMark11 yet?

Looks fantastic mate, glad you're pleased, how long had you been waiting for it? Have you benchmarked it with 3DMark11 yet?
was waiting for around 8 working days till it was at my door, i felt like it was early Christmas when I opened this.

all i am after is to find out if i can get a tv tuner in it as there is a catv port and don't like blank ports going to waste. also i'm after an hdmi input, probably a card out there to do that. (so I can use ps3 on the hd monitor)
i put my graphics cards in sli which i was surprised they already weren't.

as for 3DMark11, i have not tested yet but will do if you are keen for results.

may just run it anyway, anything you suggest I run on this to keep it clean and running quickly by all means suggest things to me as i am good with computers and hardware but as for software I never know what is best. or what I need and have a tenancy to download useless stuff and clog up every computer I own.

ty
james