Delivery breakage

dyllom

Just received my build guys, but slight problem :( don’t know what to do, it came was a small crack in the glass and the top fans of my case are hanging down?? The case is Corsair 680x, is this ment to be this way

dyllom

A0D60203-1E7E-4614-A989-4409863CCDC8.jpeg
D96980DC-D789-415A-822A-83E53A8E1943.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just received my build guys, but slight problem :( don’t know what to do, it came was a small crack in the glass and the top fans of my case are hanging down?? The case is Corsair 680x, is this ment to be this way
Can you upload a photo?

dyllom

You'll need to take clearer photo's of the cracked glass and of the fans adrift.

Then log an RMA with PCS through your online account. They should be able to send a replacement piece of glass hopefully.

The radiator should be able to be screwed back into place.
Is it just the 2 screws at the side closest to the glass I have to screw back in?

dyllom

All I can seem to see and get access to is these 2 screws, I managed to screw them out, put it up and screw them back in but their still seems to be a small gap here.
D07829A1-16B7-4079-AA91-8C4A4D1E3625.jpeg
3E3A1DBE-C7DC-43F0-A67F-8ABC85D4AFB4.jpeg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I may be needing a visit to spec savers but I can't see what the issue is with the fans. Can you take some time to take some clear pictures of what you are showing? If you use paint to draw an arrow on the area of issue and perhaps what you believe to be the problem?

Other than that, above is also what I would recommend. PCS will need some better pics though.

Edit: I think I see what you mean with the cooler in one of the first pics. I've not built a 680X so I'm not entirely sure how the radiator mounts. Is the pic showing the radiator or is it showing a mesh in front of the radiator?

Gavras

Master Poster
@dyllom

as above plenty of clear in focus photographs.

a simple piece of white paper behind the glass can help show cracks better, also a light behind glass can help.

it’s also important to separate out what are potential delivery issues and potential build issues.

name any photos you save.

use Paint or similar to put arrows on photos pointing out the bit you need to.

Put together a very simple power point (with photos and wording) then save as PDF.

photos Of any witness marks on packaging or damage to packing all help.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
@Scott In the first photo, it does look as if the cooler is lower on the far side than the near side...looks to me like it is tilted as if the screws on the far side are not there or at least very loose
Yeah that's what I thought in my edit. What I can't really see is whether the cooler radiator is attached to a mesh.... which has became detached..... or if it just looks that way because the radiator is behind the mesh on the front.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@Scott In the first photo, it does look as if the cooler is lower on the far side than the near side...looks to me like it is tilted as if the screws on the far side are not there or at least very loose
Yes, that’s what I was seeing, it looks like either it wasn’t screwed in on the far side radiator, or the screws have become loose and it’s hanging down.

dyllom

The mesh on the far side is hanging down, there are no screws on the far side from what I can see or feel to support it, if you look at the top of the mesh I cannot push it up flush and I’m not sure why. I unscrewed the 2 screws I can see and pushed it up and this is what I am with now just a slight gap but still hanging down
2F39118B-C786-4807-8141-0AD2E54CB8E5.jpeg
B65455C8-8913-4283-97D8-BE0A77904F52.jpeg

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Like the others I can't really tell -- the only thing I noticed is that the cooler radiator is mounted upside down, the pipes when at the side should be at the bottom, not the top, otherwise you might get water gurgling sounds.

Edit, Ahh recent photos above just posted at same time. I can see the gap now -- is that the TOP of the case, just the camera is at 90' angle. Looked like the side to me.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Worthwhile taking the fan/radiator assembly off if you can. That way you will be able to see how the mesh should clip on etc.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Like the others I can't really tell -- the only thing I noticed is that the cooler radiator is mounted upside down, the pipes when at the side should be at the bottom, not the top, otherwise you might get water gurgling sounds.
The photos need rotated 90 degrees. Its the top :)

Harag

Gold Level Poster

Edit, Ahh recent photos above just posted at same time. I can see the gap now -- is that the TOP of the case, just the camera is at 90' angle. Looked like the side to me.
Ignore what I said about the radiator being upside down... I thought it was on the side, but it's the picture that needs rotating, the radiator is actually at the top... However still good advice for any that are on the side :)

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Does the mesh not rest on that lip? currently its underneath it I think if we are looking at the top of the case.

Is it one of those magnetic filter mesh ones?