Delivery For Christmas?

InternetKillTV

Hey :)

This is my second post here. I've pretty much found out just about everything I need to know before I order my Desktop Gaming Rig (Tomorrow :D)

I'm wondering if I order the standard build time + delivery tomorrow if it will be guaranteed to be here before Christmas? Does anyone know? Any moderators online know? Has anyone else asked the same question? Sorry if they have, I haven't had time to hunt the forums :D

Anyway, look forward to replies as usual!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
you have about 3 days to order to get it before Christmas, but order as soon as ya can.

what spec ya going for?

InternetKillTV

Case COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE
Processor (CPU) AMD PHENOM II X4 QUAD CORE 970 (3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3)
Motherboard ASUS® M5A78L-M/USB3: M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 3.0Gb/s
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB SEAGATE Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s HDD, 32MB Cache (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply 600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£59)
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE AMD CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor 19" Widescreen TFT 1360 x 768 2MS, D-Sub, DVI, 18.5" Panel (£79)
2nd Monitor NONE
3rd Monitor NONE
4th Monitor NONE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables 1 x 2 METRE DVI-D CABLE (£5)
Keyboard & Mouse NONE
Mouse NONE
Speakers LOGITECH S120 2.0 BLACK SPEAKER SYSTEM (£9)
Webcam NONE
Headsets (VOIP) NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Cable Tidy NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Home Installation NONE
Data Recovery NONE
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

:)

Hope they kick into action, the time they've taken to build my rig I have my doubts as to the guarantee to have orders delivered before Christmas if ordered by midnight on the 9th. If they're building up a queue of orders to fulfil already due to not holding sufficient stock they get a rush on the 8th / 9th they're hosed.

Unless they've a big influx of stock coming in I can't see how they can guarantee getting anything ordered by midnight on the 9th delivered by the 23rd - 10 working days going by my experience.

In Building 10th working day

I'd be ordering as soon as possible, especially if you are ordering anything with especially high powered components.

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
spec looks good dude, only things i'd do are

try and go for a corsair 650 psu, they are generally pretty reliable and energy efficient
I'd try and push for the gtx 560 ti 448 cores, will give you better gaming performance, or even better a 570.
If possible go for a 22inch IIyama monitor, they are VERY VERY good.
oh and get the extra warranty for a fiver, increasing collect and return for a year.

dousta

Can't tell you about your particular machine but I ordered a PC just recently and it came through quicker than the stated 10 to 12 days. So quick that I am still playing with it and trying to get used to the speed and Windows 7 that is a "New" experience for me.

Get the order in asap and you will find out if there are any component problems.

Wilkes77

Ordered mine two days ago with standard delivery. They have now built my pc and are just waiting for the GPU to arrive tommorw. So far really quick service, as long as alls in stock don't be to worried!

EDIT - Ordered on Sunday the 4th, PC arrived on Friday the 9th. Very happy with this, considering i bought it on standard build and delivery!

Last edited: